landing playbacks

Dreamer

Reaction score
Was wondering if there are any recordings of th deltaglider landing. I am using a keyboard and still find it hard. It is difficult to steady the nose it would help a lot if i could look at some recordings ( i already have one of the shuttle)

dreamer

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Try this one on for size. The landing was a little hard, but there weren't any funny crunching noises, so it's fine:p.

It's no substitute for a joystick, but you can adjust the trim, and pulse a key at a steady rate to keep the average position of the corresponding control surface correct.

Attachments

• landing_practice.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 9

Dreamer

Reaction score
Thanks, only thingis i can't get it to play so i am doing something wrong.
I am new so let me know what i should do thanks

Dreamer

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
@Scarecrow, you need to include the flight data for the flight in your zip file. Look in \Orbiter\Flights\ and there will be a directory with the same name as your scenario that contains the flight data.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Oh :censored:. I knew I was probably forgetting something. I'll have it fixed in a few minutes.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Here is the updated version, which should work *knock on wood*.

Attachments

• landing_practice.zip
    40.4 KB · Views: 8

Dreamer

Reaction score
Still does not work, I moved the flights folder to flights and that did not help.

Dreamer

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Still does not work, I moved the flights folder to flights and that did not help.

Dreamer

Set it up like this:

-+-Orbiter root
.|
.+-+-Flights
.|.|
.|.+-+-Landing Practice
.|...|
.|...+-Stuff in Landing Practice directory
.|
.+-+-Scenarios
.|.|
.|.+-+-Playback
.|...|
.|...+-Landing Practice.scn
.|
.+-Everything else in your Orbiter directory

V8Li

Reaction score
If you are using the DG you can get the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2648"]DeltaTweak 0.2[/ame] - DeltaTweak 0.2 . The DG will be more balanced. The XR1 has more trim and during reentries a CG (center of gravity) shift option plus an autopilot if you need it. The DG IV and stock Atlantis do not have enough trim so they will keep a certain attitude (during atmospheric flight) only at high dynamic pressures (ie high speed in dense atmosphere). You could trim the engine exhaust for the DG IV but it will only help during powered flights, obviously.

Dreamer

Reaction score
That's exactly i have it set up but still does not work. thanks anyway I might get a joystick

Dreamer

Dreamer

Reaction score
That worked, nice landing by the way. i use the brakes few kilometers away, i guess that was a problem. Mine also is not as steady as yours I will try using the insert/delete keys. how did have two ships landing there?

Dreamer

tomek

legal alien
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Thanks :) The story behind this replay is here. I basically landed the same ship twice and then merged the replays.

As for using trim - press Delete until it's trimmed about halfway "up" - that should about compensate for the craft's tendency to nose down; maybe fine-tune it as needed as you approach.

Note that if you watch the replay from cockpit, it looks as if I never touched the trimmer, but I actually did use it. It's just one of those things that don't get recorded.

Hashy

Reaction score
Apologies but I cant really show my landings... They would take my licence.. ;)