Just installed, i have a few questions....

FarOutInFernley

Reaction score
I just installed the 2010 version, and i'm wondering what do some of our "veteran astronauts" use for settings? I have a 1920x1080 capable monitor and i have downloaded the hi res packs and have them all installed, but it seems there arent enough stars out. Just asking what would seem a good value to set things up at.

Also, what addons are considered to be "must haves" with Orbiter2010? I know about orbiter sound and all the great stuff on that site but without having to "guesstimate" about what mods i should use at orbithanger, can people shout out a few to get me started?

Since this is my first post, i must say i am VERY pleased that this wonderful program got a well deserved update and im still sifting through the manual and playing with all the wonderful new features. Im a quick learner and ill be happy to help others once i get my bearings and everything set up just how i like it.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:welcome:

WE HAVE A MANUAL-READER IN OUR MIDST! :hail::probe:
Ahem.

Orbiter Forum has an extensive list of good add-ons, right here.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to the forum! More recommended add-ons are in this sticky thread. As for visible star settings, you can adjust that in the "Parameters" section of the launchpad.

FarOutInFernley

Reaction score
just realised that i can get private messages on here, and that message had some answers for me. DOH!

FarOutInFernley

Reaction score
after some trial and error and some help from the IRC chat room, i have Orbiter2010 installed and running beautifully.

It is running a good 35 to 40 fps on 1920x1080 fullscreen with AAx4 enabled. It is simply gorgeous looking right now. Im having fun getting back into practice with earth to LEO ascents and hooking up with the ISS. Next up will be a ride to the moon and landing on one of the bases there.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get up to speed and ill see you in LEO!