Reaction score
Here is the last state of the week:

Attachments

• The Iron Hill Project.scn
    14.3 KB · Views: 5

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Good news! Not only have I resolved the Main Bus A undervolt:p, but I turned an old Playstation into a wireless access point:woohoo:

With the issues fixed, I'll be assuming the pilot's seat once again as of tomorrow. Thanks to Felipi1205 for holding down the fort:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Also, I need to meet with the B-Crew to discuss various aspects of the October mission. I sent out a PM to them, but it seems they didn't get it?:idk:

---------- Post added 06-16-12 at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-15-12 at 07:28 PM ----------

Pilot has control:)
We are 33.7 million kilometers from Earth, with 64 days to HOI. Predictive model shows we will cross the orbit of Venus on July 13;)

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Okay, the last try at a meeting didn't work out due to RL issues, so I'm rescheduling it for 4:00 PM EDT on the 17th. I need all three current B-Crew members to be present, as well as Mattyv and Sorenafabico, our MCC team;)
We'll be discussing various aspects of the Columbus mission in October, including in-flight assignments and surface itinerary. See you guys there;)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Oops! I missed an update:(
Here's the latest:
:tiphat:46 days to go
:tiphat:We're due to cross Venus orbit a week from Friday:)
:tiphat:I'm going to talk to some addon developers about that chair lift thing:shifty:
:tiphat:please welcome BruceJohnJennerLawson to the B-Crew:)

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Bruce, how do you feel about flying Columbus in October?
It's not a terribly hard job. You need to learn IMFD and/or TransX for the launch, and the insertion about three months later, but after that all you have to do is go into scenario editor once a day and update the clock to Now.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
umm, well I have one mercury flight under my belt, and I am planning on running my own mars mission for the 04/12/12 window (hence the mission patch). But I would love to fly the second Iron hill mission (Is anyone else coming lol? It could be an awfully lonely trip :( ) I wouldnt mind bouncing some of my "unique" transX procedures off another navigator, and one more question-Can we maybe change the name? I was thinking maybe-Intrepid (If thats okay with you)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
So far, we've got yourself, Samuel Edwards, KuatYards, and Interceptor. You fly in October, so we have lots of time, and we only need one more guy:)

As for changing the name of the ship...hmmm...I don't think so. Columbus she has been since February, and Columbus she will remain. Now, if the new Arrow comes out before then, I can add one to the fleet and call her Intrepid, and use her for the mission instead of Columbus:)

Ironically, early plans for Iron Hill called for an XR-2 crew ferry, to be named Intrepid. However, she was scrapped in favor of Chothor's SAS docking harness;)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sure! Just head over to the B-Crew Sign-up Thread. Tho I think the only position we have left is team leader...

If you want Command, feel free, but If you dont want center stage like it, I would be happy to swap my Geo2 slot & take over the mission command.

Clarifying an exact launch date with some windows I dug up on the net, the october Earth-Mercury Window is 25/08/12-MJD 56164.703310, correct?

I know the old arrows didnt officially support custom skins, but I did develop a way of assigning custom VC, external Meshes and data to them (Ie just custom paint jobs for oddyssey & columbus). I would be happy to send you a sample, and develop custom ones for Iron Hill if you like.

One more thing, I wont ask again if the issue is really closed, but youre really sure we cant change the name? I just really dont like the historical implications behind it, but I understand If you really dont want to change it

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
If you want Command, feel free
Heck no!:lol: I'll have plenty on my hands commanding the A-Crew;)

Clarifying an exact launch date with some windows I dug up on the net, the october Earth-Mercury Window is 25/08/12-MJD 56164.703310, correct?
Now that's weird:blink: According to the Cosmic Train Schedule website, we have two windows in the near future: August 25 and December 19. I could have sworn there was a window in October...it looks like you are right though.

Which window gets used will be up to the team leader (I'm betting that will be either yourself or Interceptor). I don't see how you could have enough time to make the August window (the team isn't even complete yet:(), so I recommend the December window.

You guys will be largely on your own with this, since I'm leading the A-Crew, but as project coordinator, I'll be here to facilitate and give advice to you guys.

I know the old arrows didnt officially support custom skins, but I did develop a way of assigning custom VC, external Meshes and data to them (Ie just custom paint jobs for oddyssey & columbus). I would be happy to send you a sample, and develop custom ones for Iron Hill if you like.
That would be awesome! I'd love to see what you came up with:)

One more thing, I wont ask again if the issue is really closed, but youre really sure we cant change the name? I just really dont like the historical implications behind it, but I understand If you really dont want to change it
Now that you mention it, it does occur to me that the New World Explorer nomenclature might ruffle some feathers. I promise you that isn't the intention. As for changing it, I suggest you bring it up at the meeting. And speaking of meetings, I'm thinking of conducting them by PM, since I can't seem to get people to show up in chat.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Heck no!:lol: I'll have plenty on my hands commanding the A-Crew;)

Well, unless theres an objection I wouldnt mind switching to mission command.

Now that's weird:blink: According to the Cosmic Train Schedule website, we have two windows in the near future: August 25 and December 19. I could have sworn there was a window in October...it looks like you are right though.

Which window gets used will be up to the team leader (I'm betting that will be either yourself or Interceptor). I don't see how you could have enough time to make the August window (the team isn't even complete yet:(), so I recommend the December window.

You guys will be largely on your own with this, since I'm leading the A-Crew, but as project coordinator, I'll be here to facilitate and give advice to you guys.

Hmm, pretty sure the window is October, Im using the same site too
:huh:

That would be awesome! I'd love to see what you came up with:)

How shalll I send?
I can produce a version of the oddyssey If you can provide me with a sample batch of textures, & maybe some sounds (that is, if we're running in the same scenario, otherwise it doesnt really matter)

Now that you mention it, it does occur to me that the New World Explorer nomenclature might ruffle some feathers. I promise you that isn't the intention. As for changing it, I suggest you bring it up at the meeting. And speaking of meetings, I'm thinking of conducting them by PM, since I can't seem to get people to show up in chat.

Do the administrators care if we just do it on this thread, or does that drive up the domain cost with lots of posts? Oh, and yeah, I did my 12U World History essay on the spanish conquest of the new world, and... lets just say there might be more deserving namesakes IMHO :)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Okay, now I see what happened:lol:
The October window was for Mercury to Earth:facepalm:
The next Earth to Mercury windows are in August and December. It's up to the team, but I strongly recommend the December window.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Finally downloaded MESSENGER:)
Does anyone know the correct orbital elements to use for it?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Weekly update
We are now inside the orbit of Venus :)
49 million km from Mercury, with 37 days to go.

I'm still looking for someone to help with that chair lift thing. I asked Dansteph, but he said no:(

Also, has everyone picked out a poster for their quarters yet?

Last edited:

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
my computer is being annoying right now when it comes to orbiter, this MAY screw things up for me, I'll try to get it working though.