Installing addons

Shegecit

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Is Orbiter really that terrible when it comes to add new stuff into it? Or maybe I've missed something. Don't know. I would never post anything here (I know what RTFM means) but I just have no other way - kill yourself is the second option :) . All I want is to have normal looking Shuttle (at least one of them!) and normal looking ISS (not that thing that floats in space in default installation). I have downloaded Suttle Fleet (4.2.0) - looks great... but when I load any of them - ISS (even default one) disappears from the universe (WTF?). I then installed ISS 2.0.5. (awesome picture in the screenshot, btw) - but it simply shutdowns Orbiter whenever I load it's scenarios. I gave up and decided may be I can get normal looking KSC (I was ready to spend my life with default Shuttle and ISS) - got hi res textures...with default Atlantis hanging in the air (in correct place - but no launch complex). Ok.. then I install Launch complex - this time I get Atlantis and LC - but with default low res tetures.

Is there any way out from this maze? Thank you

UPD. Orbiter Addon Installation System V1.1 didn't help either.

Last edited:

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
Hi guys.
I have downloaded Suttle Fleet (4.2.0) - looks great... but when I load any of them - ISS (even default one) disappears from the universe (WTF?).
The different vessels (spacecraft/stations) that are loaded in any scenario are stored in the the scenario file (in the scenarios folder of your installation) to prevent every-man-and-his-dog being loaded when you start a scenario and hogging all your resources. It's probably that the scenario that you loaded didn't have the ISS in it.

I then installed ISS 2.0.5. (awesome picture in the screenshot, btw) - but it simply shutdowns Orbiter whenever I load it's scenarios.
It's possible you didn't install the ISS 2.0.5 correctly. There's a manual in the download with installation instructions. If it still doesn't work, there will be an orbiter.log file in the main directory. Take a look at the end of this to see what the problem is.