Question How To Use Google SketchUp To Make Meshs

ICBM

Reaction score
I'm new to the Orbiter Forum so if I'm doing something wrong please let me know.
I'm trying to create a mesh for a ship I'm making but I'm not sure how to (or if you can) use google sketchup to make meshs. I've looked all over the internet but I haven't found anything and I'm just wondering if anybody could maybe help me out with this. If anyone can it would be great.:sos:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I believe you can convert sketchup model to 3ds format, then you can convert them using the 3ds2msh plugin.

ICBM

Reaction score
If you could let me know how to convert sketchup to 3ds that would be great.

ICBM

Reaction score
I've searched on google but haven't found anything of use.

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Google Sketch Up have exporter for number of format but you can't use tham until you get a PRO version.
To export model you need to go on file => export => 3D Model and when window open select a desire export format...3DS my advice...

There is alternativ way of converting Sketch Up model without geting a PRO version,involved a conversion with google earth and maybe some other program...don't know exacly how,need to check it first.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I found this:link

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Google Sketch Up have exporter for number of format but you can't use tham until you get a PRO version.
To export model you need to go on file => export => 3D Model and when window open select a desire export format...3DS my advice...

There is alternativ way of converting Sketch Up model without geting a PRO version,involved a conversion with google earth and maybe some other program...don't know exacly how,need to check it first.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I found this:link

First, thanks for the information.:)

Have you had any success with the method described in the link?

@ICBM: Good question.:cheers:

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
First, thanks for the information.:)

Have you had any success with the method described in the link?

@ICBM: Good question.:cheers:

I just check this method work but there is a catch...model must be without texture...look like FbxConverterUI do not support model with texture...

ICBM

Reaction score
I'm working on it as I type, will let you guys know when I'n done.

ICBM

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, not sure if it works yet haven't been able to try it but I'll let you know.