Software How do you use a graphics client?

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need a bit of help.

I'm trying to use the D3D9Client for Orbiter, but I can't find anywhere explaining how to use it.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
At first, you need to execute Orbiter_ng.exe instead of Orbiter.exe. Then you must activate the D3D9Client from the Modules tab.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
I knew that I had to use Orbiter_ng, I just wasn't sure how to activate the actual client, thanks jarmonik. :)

Edit: I'm getting an error now though. :(
The procedure entry point ??0SATOBJ@@QAE@PAXHN@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Satsat.dll.

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
The procedure entry point ??0SATOBJ@@QAE@PAXHN@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Satsat.dll.
I don't think that error is related to graphics client. Did you install any add-on that changes Saturn or its moons? Doesn't this error appear too when you run Orbiter with in-line graphics?

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
I don't believe I installed any mods that change Saturn, or any planets for that matter.
The error doesn't come up using the default client, but I just realized I can still use the D3D9Client after the error messages. :lol:

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Looks like you have a very bad luck and it should have nothing to with the client. http://www.orbiter-forum.com/project.php?issueid=404

If you have Saturn.dll and Satsat.dll in the Orbiter's root folder then it might be good idea to delete them.

EDIT: based on the information in the error report it looks like Deepstar addon is distributing an old version of the files.

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
The error doesn't come up using the default client, but I just realized I can still use the D3D9Client after the error messages. :lol:
But this doesn't mean everything is OK. The Saturnian system isn't simulated properly by Orbiter for you.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
So, should removing Deepstar fix the problem?
No. Not removing Deepstar, but replacing Satsat.dll, Saturn.dll, and any other affected Saturn moons' modules by the modules from Orbiter installation archive. Deepstar can stay.

diogom

Reaction score
Well, since it's related, and it seems to not be getting much attention in the other thread:

About OGLA, for 2010P1. I start the simulation, and just as the loading screen disappears, I get a CTD followed by an error message. "Error in smobs_render (i=0)" it says.