Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I don't drink coffee.

Votes: 21 32.3%

• Total voters

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
most coffee junkies i know say they need it to stay awake pretty much all the time....

i've heard tell of that being related to your body growing accustomed to it, kinda like a drug-dependancy thing....

but i wouldn't go that far... i mean, most ppl who drink bathtubs worth of coffee on a daily basis often have also a pretty messed-up sleep cycle... anything less than 8 hours, you can expect to be tired all day long.... trust me! i would know! :facepalm:

now, all this coffee talk is making me sleepy... gotta go to bed... oh no, wait... it's ten to five! i'm still at work... :uhh:

marooder86

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
... anything less than 8 hours, you can expect to be tired all day long...
I can't agree with that. As far as I know, fully grown man or woman needs no more then 6-7 hours of sleep a day. It's because the quality of your sleep is important not it's duration, and of course regularity. You need to fall asleep and wake up at the same hours, every single day otherwise it won't work. That's how our built in biological clock works and sticking to it will benefits with not being sleepy or tired all day long. It's also good to take a nap after dinner but no longer then 30-40 minutes.
This is as much as I know about not being walking zombie during the day:).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I drink a 2 liter bottle a day. Diet :thumbup:

I did the same, non-diet... not even running 20 km does compensate for that. :lol:

But for some coding marathons, you need to tolerate a 2 kg gain in weight, it seems.

Also, I usually sleep between 5 and 6 hours, but recommend at least 6 hours. If I have no reason to wake up, I can sleep for 8 hours and wake up very refreshed, but 6 hours is a good compromise.

Last edited:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Turkish blend, and Turkish style made... after 400 years of Othoman dominance, we make our coffee the same, you boil the coffee with the water and the sugar, but you don't get to use any "fast" boilers... the slower the better!
Oh, btw, when you drink it, you can have your fortune read! Really! Just place the cup upside down!
According to your individual "lip" pattern and your drinking habits, it's better, and far more accurate than your horoscope! LOL!

If you really want to see what caffeine and sugar does to the delicate balance of chemicals in your brain, just type "Brain coffee sugar" on Google. Then all you have to do is, to find out which of the pages, have enough scientific data backing up their theories (about making you stay awake, alertness, sleep deprivation and so on...)

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Personally, I hate coffee. Tea tastes much better and is also much healthier.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm a heavy coffee drinker, especially since my son was born. He's four months old still wakes up every hour to two hours. Doc says there's not much that can be done about that... But anyway, I usually find myself taking in about 12 cups a day.

As for how I like my coffee, I prefer it with cream only these days. Milk will do in a pinch. For years I drank it black.

Suzy

Reaction score
Website
suzymchale.com
With low-fat milk and artificial sweetener, so I can have it guilt-free :) . Usually 2 cups a day. Favorite coffee is a cappuccino. I've never managed to develop a liking for tea.

Tommy

Reaction score
The morning pot of coffee is black, using a dark roasted bean and a few cocoa beans thrown in for flavor - but since my burr grinder died I've had to resort to a "chopper/blender" type grinder. It's hard to get the grind right with one of those so if it comes out bitter a bit of pure cane sugar fixes it right up.

The full pot lasts about an hour, after that it's Mountain Dew, 2 liters a day. Not diet - artificial sweeteners are BAD for you, and affect your weight just as much as sugar does, they also prevent you from burning fat - just like sugar does.

And no, I'm not overweight - I've had the same size waist for 27 years, 30 inch and 150 lbs.

BTW, the caffeine isn't just for waking up, it helps with my ADHD.