General Question How can i beg pardon... ?

cslevine

Reaction score
a few days ago, i comitted something very bad, by doing a very bad joke and how can i say excuse me for that, for english communauty ?

Maybe you could imagine that i didn't want to cause some trouble with my addon posted on Orbit Hangar.

Well : "we can laugh of all, but not with anybody", this mean that when someone is directly concerned by some tragedy, it's not possible to ask him to take some distance.
So it was an huge FAIL to post my addon and jokes about something concerning US members directly, in Orbit Hangar... and that's what i did. So it could be seen as provocation :( instead as a joke.

i am sorry about that.

Take in mind that i have lot respect for all, and for peaple concerned too. it was a big mistake of me.

Then, i wanted to put some hope message, but it was not good at all to take an evenement and minimise it, just to say that the world go well elsewhere !
This could be seen as contempt. Myself i don't like that at all !

So i beg you pardon for that : this mens that i know why i did was bad.

i still love Orbiter comunauty.
:( (sad)

My best regards,
Claude-Samuel

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i have no idea what you did, but you show a lot of maturity in holding yourself accountable for it,
so i'd say you're good in my book :thumbup:

assuming you didn't kill anyone, right? :uhh:

anyone can make a mistake, but it takes real character to admit it and stand corrected :salute:

may the :probe: be with you

Last edited:

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
a few days ago, i comitted something very bad, by doing a very bad joke and how can i say excuse me for that, for english communauty ?

I don't think there's any better way to do it than by posting a topic like this. Taking responsibility for your actions directly like this, at least to me, shows that you really mean it :thumbup:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It takes courage and strength to admit when you're wrong or when you made a mistake. Chalk it up to a lapse in judgement and let's move on and forget it ever happened.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
It does take a lot of strength and courage to say sorry, even when it is much easier to let the incident fade away and hope people forget about it. Good job:thumbup:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
How can i beg pardon... ?
"To Err Is Human, to Arr Is Pirate"! lol
(Sorry guys and girls... I just want to bring a "lighter note" in this thread).

Seriously now...

I think that most of us, in the community, got that your upload was (at best) "a lapse in judgement". (As Xyon gracefully put it).

You... admitting to have made a mistake, shows character!
Anyone can make a mistake, but it takes someone with integrity and honesty to admit that they've been wrong.

So, in conclusion... YOU my friend... are the Orbinaut i'd like to have as a wingman... ANYTIME!

You said that you love the Orbiter community...

I think that i speak for all of us when i say that the Orbiter community... loves you back!

P.S. When i think of New York... I ALWAYS think of the Statue of Liberty and the World Trade Centre. There's nothing wrong in making a fly-by around these monuments of mankind.

cslevine

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your comprehension ;-)

:cheers:

i thought of a "picture" / an " image" / metaphore :

when someone live a few, he walk very slowly, so there is maybe no risc for him to hurt something... but he doesn't go very far.
After, living more means walking faster, and faster. Then, more chance to have more good experiences... and to hustle someone in the tube. Then we beg "oh sorry".
Then, when going faster, is taking more risk to hustling more hard someone :
so, the way is having some antennas to have feedback of that we make, and if something goes wrong : 1.tell we are sorry 2. go slower or maybe stop motion sometime, to get more control of the situation, what we made... and having some better antennas. 3. not keep stop motion too long, and go for new good experiences.

for example here the feedback was the votes, and then the thread (that i saw only a few hours after because was not at home).

Me:A bus station is where busses stop.
A train station is where trains stop.
On my desk, i have a work-station.
Her: Then what is a space-station?

:thumbup: :lol:

Ashaman42

Reaction score
Just echoing the other replies really but wanted to say good on you for this thread.

Many people make mistakes but often don't have the guts to admit they were wrong so well done.

supersonic

Add-on Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
fsxpilots.webs.com
Great job admitting your mistake, it takes a lot of courage to do that.
I think I stand for all when I say all has been forgiven.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Congratulations, you have done something many cannot do. It is hard to do what is right, but you always feel better after you do so.