Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please bring back some saplings of the trees.

Will do. I have about a stack of one type of sapling and half a stack of another. I'll dump them in the commune next time I had back to the mainland.

By the way, if anyone's bored and wants to help out by building me a nether portal and a passage from Communia to this island (name pending), I would appreciate it! :D

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Work on the jungle island (name pending) nature center continues! At the moment, I have the first floor of the lodge basically complete structurally. It undoubtedly requires more attention as far as interior decorating goes, but two of the four rooms are complete. The first floor houses an information desk, a lounge, a small library (pending), and the island tour departure point. The second floor will be 4-6 rooms for extended stay guests, and the third floor will be a park office and possibly a restaurant. I'll probably get some type of viewing area to run around the roof, as well. We'll see.

I'll have screenshots up later. For now, if you want to visit (please don't touch!), the nature center is located at approximately (4349, 65, 3850).

---------- Post added 05-22-12 at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-21-12 at 07:27 PM ----------

Here are some images of the currently under construction Rosewood Nature Center Lodge:

The Center's entryway. I still need to spruce it up some.
20120522001544.png

A nice view of the ground floor, taken from standing in the entryway. The large tree in the center is the "great tree" around which I built the lodge. Disclaimer: tree was added after lodge structure was built. :p
20120522001555.png

The Rose Lounge, a lounge and library with tables, chairs, and a fireplace. Perfect for those seeking peace and quiet before a day's adventure in the jungle.
20120522001603.png

A view from inside the Rose Lounge.
20120522001626.png

A view from the entrance to the Jungle Room. This room is decorated to look and feel like a jungle, animal wildlife excluded. ;)
20120522001636.png

The tour departure point. This is where a path from around the jungle island will leave from. Tours may also arrive back at this point, haven't decided yet.
20120522001645.png

A view of the first floor from the balcony.
20120522001659.png

The directory, located at the information desk. Note that only the first floor is currently anything more than a wish. However, as indicated, I expect to be putting in some rooms to serve as temporary housing for extended stay guests, a small office for the park director (me :p), a restaurant, and an observation deck on the roof. It's going to be fun!
20120522001929.png

Comments and feedback welcome, as always. :)

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I've put up a Portal, but have yet to create a route to the commune hub from the nature reserve.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Second level of the Rosewood Nature Center (finally picked a name!) is basically complete after today. There are four fully furnished rooms up there. Next up is the third level. This place is getting pretty tall! :p

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
It it isn't too of an imposition, would you mind adding LadyKianna to the builder group?
She is an old friend and can be found on #mc. She will build an awesome floating island to make the view from the sanctuary of the feather even more serene.

Many Thanks

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
East of the city, on the southern tip.
You can find it on the map with the temple symbol.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
With the addition of the 4 types of tree and woods, the tree farm has now been divided into quarters.

Please replant the correct type of tree to the correct quarter.

If all you want is charcoal, please use the birch trees as they are the easiest to harvest and grow.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

With all the on going projects going on, I think it is time to have a project chest stock take. If you are currently using a project chest please take all your items ASAP.

On June 1 I will remove all project signs and items in those chests, unless I receive other information, I will place those items in the commune chests.

After I have completed the stock take, you are welcome to replace your project signs and continue as per normal.

This will probably only be a one off and is just a general clean up.

LadyKianna

Reaction score
It it isn't too of an imposition, would you mind adding LadyKianna to the builder group?
She is an old friend and can be found on #mc. She will build an awesome floating island to make the view from the sanctuary of the feather even more serene.

Many Thanks

MC name is the same, LadyKianna
;) I got more plans than just a floating island too, heheehee.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Work continues on the Rosewood Nature Center! The second floor is complete and features four suites for those guests that desire a longer stay on the island. The rooms are fully furnished with queen-sized bed, couch, table, and chair. Additional amenities (such as crafting table, brewing station, etc) may be provided later. Each room also has a view of the great tree around which the nature center was built.

Photos here:

20120522154020.png

20120524135117.png

In addition, work on the third floor has started! This floor will host a restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. The park director's office is also located on this floor. Definitely a work-in-progress, but getting there.

20120524135547.png

Above the restaurant (building to the left), there will be a viewing deck with an overhanging balcony.

Thoughts and comments welcome, as usual. :)

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
where is the tree farm? i can't find it
:idk:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yesterday I finished the third level of the Roeswood Nature Center. I need to take a creative break from that structure, so I'm going to move to start the pier and boathouse structure at some point soon here.

In addition, I've been pondering the nature trail I'll be putting in. I'm planning on setting it around the whole island. Features will include some campsites (2 at least), a viewing tower on the other side of the island, and possibly some ancient ruins off in the distance for viewing. Kudos to Pablo on the last one there for the idea; maybe I'll call the ancient native tribe Pabloans or something in his honor. :p

That's all for now! :)

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
i took a break from the server for a while, just gotta say everything looks awesome folks! I think it looks better than those fantasy/thematic towns that people post videos of. I was thinking maybe its because our town grew in the same sort of way that real towns grow, more random.