Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Gerdih

Reaction score
Industrial Complex Description

Ok here is a little description of the complex and a draw of the area I think I would need for this:

First, the complex is thought to be as automatic as possible. This will be achieved by redstone circuits. One of the most important is the main clock that (now) can provide redstone pulses of 1/40s, 1/80s and 1/160s but its designed to provide delay pulses of variable time. This mean that some items will be able to be farmed only by pressing a button. Even the items will come to the warehouse. Once the sheep farm will be activated I will be able to decorate a lot of areas of the complex in order to not be seen as a stone hulk.

For complex redstone wire there will be a 'core'. A building that will have some circuits. The reason of this is to be able to activate some mechanics with a single circuit (for example the main security gate, I will be able to construct more than one with a single controller ciruit).

The complex will also have a security system that will provide safe from external damage ( creepers, griefing,...) this will count with a cobblestone regenerative shield that will surround all the complex, also there will be other systems.

The farms that are thought to be planned are:
Animals: cows, mutan cows, cats, wolves, chickens, sheeps, picks.
Plants: mushrooms, trees, sugar, cactus, flowers, melons, pumpkins,wheat.
Others: items from mobs like arrows, etc...

The complex will be done by a modular design, each module will be a farm. This doesnt mean that there wont be more than a module for a single item farm. There will be a brewing center. The goal of this is to try to reach a production rate sufficient enough to be able to fill the commune (for example) with some items like wool, meats,... in a real week. The project is private, at that moment Woo has shown interest into doing some modules. If some one wants to join on this just tell me.

Image:
-Orange: High capacity Warehouse
-Red: Auxiliary Warehouse
-Yellow: Sheep module already planned
-Green: Main Clock
-Blue: Claimed Area
-Purple: Main Security Gate

The characteristics of the area have been talked with Tango so I think he will be agree with it.
I think there is enough area for the wall to not disturb it.
Also I have thought about 'urbanizate' some areas around to facilitate other members to construct near.

I know this is complex and will be hard to do but hey, this is the funny of half of the things of life :lol:.

Thanks

Attachments

• AA2.png
    AA2.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What exactly is this complex supposed to accomplish that we don't already have on our server?

Gerdih

Reaction score
I think we dont have: wolves farm, cats farm and mutant cows farm nor arrows farm and gunpowder farm. Although this will have a clear share role, this will be my farms. And will be accesible for everyone that needs large quantities of items in a short time of period.

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
With the wolves and cats the problem I see arising is that only the owner of thr wolf/cat can breed them and the offspring would only respond to the original owner.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think we dont have: wolves farm, cats farm and mutant cows farm nor arrows farm and gunpowder farm. Although this will have a clear share role, this will be my farms. And will be accesible for everyone that needs large quantities of items in a short time of period.
"Wolves farm" and "cats farm"? How exactly do those work, given that neither wolves nor cats breed, and that cats only spawn in jungle biomes?

Arrows farm--do you have a skeleton spawner on which you will be basing this?

Gunpowder farm--how does this differ from a normal hostile mob farm (of which we have several on the server), given that there's no way to specifically spawn creepers in favor of other mobs?

Gerdih

Reaction score
I didnt thought about responding of cats and wolves. I will reduce its size.

Arrows farm--do you have a skeleton spawner on which you will be basing this?

Yes I have a skeleton spawner. Moreover there is another dungeon in the complex. I though about a flint farm in order to do arrows also but I have to see if its really possible.

Other items will have to be farmed as normal.

Last edited:

Pablo49

Reaction score
Is that the structure to the east or the south? Both are over 200 blocks away, so I'm fine with them regardless.
Not that desert nearby you though, right? Been meaning to move my pyramid from the old world over to this one, and been eyeing up that desert.

Also, going to agree with the sentiment that such a huge farm complex is a bit pointless. We already have loads of sheep farms, plenty of melon and bread farms, which don't fill your hunger as well as meat but we have loads of it. I also don't get why it's so huge. It's going to use up most of what's left of the continent. It's like 3/4 the size of the entire commune. Seems better served as an underground complex, possibly with multiple floors so it takes up less area.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Not that desert nearby you though, right? Been meaning to move my pyramid from the old world over to this one, and been eyeing up that desert.

Also, going to agree with the sentiment that such a huge farm complex is a bit pointless. We already have loads of sheep farms, plenty of melon and bread farms, which don't fill your hunger as well as meat but we have loads of it. I also don't get why it's so huge. It's going to use up most of what's left of the continent. It's like 3/4 the size of the entire commune. Seems better served as an underground complex, possibly with multiple floors so it takes up less area.

I still advocate chickens. :3 Lots of food/saturation and reproduces exponentially just by walking and clicking. XD

Pablo49

Reaction score
Have you seen the change logs for the weekly builds? "Livestock, such as chickens, can now be "walked through" instead of pushing the player around in crowded pens". Ruining all the fun. :(

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Have you seen the change logs for the weekly builds? "Livestock, such as chickens, can now be "walked through" instead of pushing the player around in crowded pens". Ruining all the fun. :(

I'll never forget the Great Chicken Raves <3 shortly before the Great Chicken Massacre, after the Great Chicken Hatching.

MattBaker

Reaction score
I'll never forget the Great Chicken Raves <3 shortly before the Great Chicken Massacre, after the Great Chicken Hatching.

What about the Great Cow Rave just before the Great Cow Love?
Seriously, never be in a bawn with around 40 cows and pull out wheat, you're going to die...

Gerdih

Reaction score

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
Ah I see, so you make some kind of this detector in which you put the gravel and then, the machine transported it and push it up, and after it isn't pushable anymore, it drops it to a torch.

Pablo49

Reaction score
You need to actually mine the gravel to drop flint, the torch trick will only drop gravel. So really a gravel "farm" is kinda pointless, too. You can pillar yourself up on some gravel and shovel through it anywhere.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
didn't read the wiki :facepalm: So it still requires shovels, but looking how cheap wooden shovels are, I think it's a fair trade

On another note, let's continue the naming convention, otherwise, just like Izack said, we'll continue the tradition of "the x area y km in a direction from z's structure"

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

didn't read the wiki :facepalm: So it still requires shovels, but looking how cheap wooden shovels are, I think it's a fair trade

On another note, let's continue the naming convention, otherwise, just like Izack said, we'll continue the tradition of "the x area y km in a direction from z's structure"

Pablo49

Reaction score
I finally got around to updating the cape mod for serverbros. Info for those who don't know is here.

New download link is here. If you had a cape previously, I still have it. If you want it changed, or someone who wants a new one follow the directions in the linked post.