Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Gerdih

Reaction score
I dont know if its me but I find the output rate slightly low since the new collector

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Eccentrus, are you still planning any work for SkyCity...?

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
yes I am, now with exams and whatnot out of the way, and the connection hopefully working as it was again, next weekend we'll start working again, I have started pleminirary work on the station platform for Onyx to use as his base to make the rail elevator :D

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
In server news, CraftBukkit had a 1.4 beta out fairly quickly after the minecraft release, so I would expect a recommended build within the next week or so. As usual, I'll update to the recommended build when it comes out and post here. Until then, don't update minecraft to the newest version if you want to continue playing on the server.

In more a more "personal" advertisement, I'm looking to sell the project I've been working on for the last few months to someone who might actually use it:
dome.png

It's a 65-block-diameter stone brick dome located at x:1300, z:-200. It's in a small plains biome, with easy access to the ocean, a desert, and a swamp. I've reached what should have been the end of the major construction phase...only to discover that it really won't work for what I want to do, and a pyramid would be much better for my evil schemes.

Floor inside is mostly grass, with about 1/6th farmland.

There's currently an "inner" dome of black wool (similar to the Endome, but on a rather larger scale), of about 63 blocks diameter.

I was planning on having this be a "science exhibit" of sorts, but like I said, it's not going to work out as a dome.

Asking price for the exterior dome is 2000 nether bricks or 2000 nether brick fences. If you plan to have this as a "science"-related building and wouldn't mind me setting up the pyramid next door (perhaps the combination could be a "science center" or "museum of natural science" or something), I will lower the price to 1000 of either of the above.

If you want the interior dome to remain in place, the cost is the approximate number of black wool currently in the inner dome--5000 black wool. Otherwise, I will be dismantling the inner dome and moving the black wool to wherever the new location of my project will be, and you'll have the empty stone brick dome to do as you please with.

So...any takers? If you've ever thought you might like to live in a large brick dome...here's your chance!

Gerdih

Reaction score
As far as I know we only have discovered only a nether fortress. Wouldn't be a serious damage if someone takes from it 1000 blocks? Moreover the blocks are there, all the people can take them which makes me think at which level it can be considered griefing.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
so... how much emeralds is that?
I don't know. Villagers don't trade that. :p

I have only about 500 nether bricks from removing 3 columns embedded in netherrack (+a couple of stairs left from station construction) and about 80 nether fences, IIRC.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Maybe that's a little excessive...I threw that number out based on minecraftwiki's saying that nether fortresses have so many bricks as to be effectively unlimited, but they may not have things of my scale in mind.

Let's try a little different, then: knowing that I want nether brick/fence, is there anyone interested in the dome? I suppose I could also accept a vast quantity of stone brick (I will need quite a few, after all)...

Not really interested in emeralds, although our world has the problem that everything already generated has no emeralds, so I guess emeralds are rare or something?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I have about 1,000 nether bricks and should be able to get 5,000 wool, if that's enough I don't mind taking the dome off of your hands :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have about 1,000 nether bricks and should be able to get 5,000 wool, if that's enough I don't mind taking the dome off of your hands :p
This works. If you follow the rails northwest from the dome, they arrive at a black sheep ranch, if using that would help you get the wool. There's a portal outside (jump "up" from the chest area).

Where would you like me to set up chests to receive the payment? I can put up a few in or near the nether hub, might be easiest.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
How about putting them in the ranch? I'll be spending quite a bit of time harvesting wool there anyway.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
How about putting them in the ranch? I'll be spending quite a bit of time harvesting wool there anyway.
Go ahead and put up chests wherever it's convenient for you, and let me know where they are.

What do you plan to do with the dome, out of curiosity?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Concerning domes.
First big project at Absurd Island is a 24-diametre underwater dome.
Deep oceans around the island favours vast underwater structures.

Are there any similar structures on the server?
Underwater buildings, besides the tunnels at the city's harbour?

Building a dome underwater is not too hard, but tedious.
First you pillar up from the bottom, and set up a cap to breath under.
ai-dome-1.jpg

As you go, clean up water from every level.
ai-dome-2.jpg

Just add and remove dirt.
ai-dome-6.jpg

7 levels down, 5 to go.
ai-dome-8.jpg

The disadvantage is that now there is one less sand island on the map.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I know a couple people have built underwater domes, not sure what size, though. They show up pretty well on the map.

There's a complex of domes southwest of the commune in the old world, that's probably the biggest existing underwater structure.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Concerning domes.
First big project at Absurd Island is a 24-diametre underwater dome.
Deep oceans around the island favours vast underwater structures.

Are there any similar structures on the server?
Underwater buildings, besides the tunnels at the city's harbour?

Building a dome underwater is not too hard, but tedious.
First you pillar up from the bottom, and set up a cap to breath under.
ai-dome-1.jpg

As you go, clean up water from every level.
ai-dome-2.jpg

Just add and remove dirt.
ai-dome-6.jpg

7 levels down, 5 to go.
ai-dome-8.jpg

The disadvantage is that now there is one less sand island on the map.

I know of one at -210, 260 , I cant remember who built it, but i think there is a sign there saying who did.