Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Has anything changed server side in the last 2 days? as my slime farm no longer seems to be in a slime chunk.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Thanks to Pablo49, I finished the cocoa farm in commune already today.

The altered project I used for it:

The first issue I encountered - there were stairs in the area I cleared for the farm:

Issue resolved. Stairs ended on the wall of someone's vault, with a "Sorry" sign, i.e. they aren't needed there and won't be used by anyone :p:

By the way, there's underground network downstairs:

There's another issue, which made me move the whole cocoa farm one block east and caused piston's base and circuits sharing the wall with reeds farm's wall - the issue is called "Yellow line":

A view to show the relative level of the railway and the commune farm (for future reference when the commune farms will be extended by tl8 in 1.4). The visible piston's tail on right is from the cocoa farm:

Views on the finished farm and a sign telling that there is a rail line behind the wall:

There are 45 cocoa pods growing simultaneously.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Great work, I will look at it as soon as I can.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
No idea, I haven't added any server mods to prevent this kind of thing.

Strange. Not sure what was happening, but it seems to be working fine now.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Server will be down shortly for some preventative maintenance. I'll post when it's back up.

---------- Post added 09-25-12 at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was 09-24-12 at 20:51 ----------

Server's back up, and running on a brand-new hard drive that it doesn't have to share with anything else.

As always, please let me know if you see anything unusual.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

Has anything changed server side in the last 2 days? as my slime farm no longer seems to be in a slime chunk.
Sorry, didn't see this post earlier. I hadn't changed anything in the 2 days before your post, so I have no idea...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've a question about LWC: Is it possible to protect pressure plates (specifically stone ones) on this server? I can't seem to. And if possible, could this be added? IIRC the LWC Bukkit plugin allows protecting any block type if the server wishes it.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Pressure plates are not currently on the list but I can add them. Why do you need one protected?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Pressure plates are not currently on the list but I can add them. Why do you need one protected?

2012-09-28_12.53.39.png

I've got an iron door hooked to a few down around +350, +1500. It's a private wing of the tower being built there.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've got an iron door hooked to a few down around +350, +1500. It's a private wing of the tower being built there.
Hmmm, it looks like this should Just Work--according to the LWC version notes from a couple versions ago,
Pressure plates will now be protected if they are placed in front of a door. Only players who have access to the protection can use the pressure plate.
If you use /credstone on on the door, no redstone except the attached pressure plate will work on the door, meaning now only those who have access to the protection can open it.

Can you get someone who isn't me to test it? Since I'm an admin it'll open for me even if it's working...

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
I have been having this problem with the lag on the server, while it seems to do fine in SSP, I think the new version can't handle the large ping between the server and me, resulting in movement problems and others, including the severe spawning in the middle of a wall, and I spawned inside the void once, so until there's a new update which can fix this, I think I can't be online too much on the server :(

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
New version of craftbukkit came out yesterday; I'll update today and see if that makes a difference.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have been having this problem with the lag on the server, while it seems to do fine in SSP, I think the new version can't handle the large ping between the server and me, resulting in movement problems and others, including the severe spawning in the middle of a wall, and I spawned inside the void once, so until there's a new update which can fix this, I think I can't be online too much on the server :(

Eccentrus, has there been any progress on where SkyCity is going?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm, it looks like this should Just Work--according to the LWC version notes from a couple versions ago,
Hmm, punching the plate after entering the command did nothing. However, punching the iron door itself after punching the plate protected the door. Is it maybe intended that the protected door can't be opened by pressure plates activated by forbidden users? Seems like too much code complexity for too little gain. I'll test it by Monday, when college wifi is available again. (Home connection still suxorz.)

Can you get someone who isn't me to test it? Since I'm an admin it'll open for me even if it's working...
Sure, if anyone cares to walk all the way down there or create their own setup. As I said, can't login myself until Monday; would appreciate any feedback from other users. IIRC none of the mechanisms are currenly protected.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, it's intended that the protection on the door extends to attached redstone.

As for the server, I broke something, working on it.

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Server's back up; updated to the latest Java release in addition to updating to the latest CraftBukkit recommended build and any plugins that had newer versions available.

As always, let me know if you have any issues.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I logged in just a moment ago to check if all is fine.

On the first attempt the terrain downloaded just fine. I could move and look around (but without hearing step sounds), but I couldn't interact with blocks (e.g. doors, chests). After a half of a minute there was an error: "Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException Read timed out", and next attempts to log in failed with it just on "Logging in..." to the server.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, server was totally borked when I checked it just now. I've rolled back to the previous version of craftbukkit, feel free to try again.

I don't see any complaints on the forums, so it might be an addon acting up, but I don't have time to check right now.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Just a reminder: make a backup of your ".minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar" just now to be able to join this server after planned on the next week 1.4 release.

Minecraft 1.4 is currently in pre-release, and the client starting from Oct. 25 will be nagging you to update to it, and the server will be only updated after bukkit (stable) and used plug-ins will have been updated to the Minecraft 1.4 first.

EDIT: Release date was moved one day later to Oct. 25 because of the 1.4.1 version pre-released Oct. 23.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Finally able to connect...

So, anyone in there?
Is this server still alive?
Haven't seen anyone of the supposed "a lot of people", only buildings, buildings, creeper, more buildings.

Any maps of the whole thing?
Any condensed history and ideas of it (almost 2000 posts is a long read)?

Gerdih

Reaction score
check the dynmap in the first post of this thread Artlav. I cant join this days because of the university work.