Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ah, i thought it was a dynamic IP map. :)
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Also, if i am to "settle" there, should i go 100% get-all-from-scratch, or are there any community resources (obsidian for a portal, in particular)?

Gerdih

Reaction score
If you want materials you can go to the commune. Its near the spawn point, or near the main nether portal. But I dont think you will find obsidian.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Claimed an island at 800,62,3140.
Closest road seems to be through Vroengard.
Not much plans for now, maybe spend a few evenings making something there, besides a road towards the city.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If you're looking for some obsidian, I may be able to help you out. I had an obsidian 'generator' of sorts, but I haven't used it since several updates back, so I don't know if it even still works. I think I left some obsidian in a chest in my old commune building. I've been meaning to head back to the commune anyway, since it's been some time since I've been there.

The building in question is the one in the harbor that looks like a library, with an iron door. If you find your way there, walk in and go to the farthest-left corner from the door. There's a pressure plate, opens the wall. Head on down and check out the underground tree farm. There's usually a slime hanging out in the top of the trees, not sure where they keep coming from. Obsidian generator is at the bottom of the stairs, turn right immediately.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
But I think Artlav will need to find 3 diamond first to make use of the obsidian generator (I haven't seen one that generates obsidian as items), and by that time he will already have iron, and if iron then either portable water or lava (which can be changed to obsidian by water), and maybe some redstone (which can be too changed to obsidian by lava+water). :p

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, in hindsight, a good truly good commune member would have probably left a diamond pickaxe in a chest next to the generator. ;)

Something to put on the to-do list, if the generator even still works that is.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I'll log in later tonight, so I can make 20 obsidian from redstone (for 2 portals, or a portal and something else) and put it for example in a public chest on the Artlav's island, or in commune.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
You should be fine down there Artlav, I'm not sure if there's a portal at Vroengard, and even if there is I think your out of effective range of it so you shouldn't have a problem with mis-connections. unlike near the commune where at one point a portal could lead to any one of 3 locations.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
So, anyone in there?
Is this server still alive?
Haven't seen anyone of the supposed "a lot of people", only buildings, buildings, creeper, more buildings.

The server ebbs and flows with usage. It normally pics up around updates.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
there is a portal in Vroengard, get a minecart and go to the netherhub, it's also a transit station to go to the rosewood island

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone of the supposed "a lot of people"
There were 3 other people at the time when I was logged in today, but they weren't all at the same time. :p

Also, if i am to "settle" there, should i go 100% get-all-from-scratch, or are there any community resources (obsidian for a portal, in particular)?
in a public chest on the Artlav's island

...Next to the front door. All protection from the chest was removed, so you can destroy it after you get the obsidian (there should be 20 -- for making portals in both dimensions manually, if there's less, then somebody already took some :p):

Vroengard's portal is 1164 meters away from the door and Shootingiron's 1232 meters away (distance measurements sponsored by Rei's Minimap). If there's no other portal closer than 1024, then there should be no problems with putting a single portal just in overworld (instead of placing 2, for making sure that they are paired), if you don't care that the other one can spawn in a large cave full of ghasts.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
You've got a nice little island going, Artlav. I've left some things that might be of use on the island for you.

Gerdih

Reaction score
These Iron Golems are hurried to be killed!! Don't run guys, there is enough lava for all of you!

Attachments

• I-02.png
    I-02.png
    333.9 KB · Views: 40

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Makes my massive iron collection, obtained the old-fashioned way, seem obsolete :(

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
These Iron Golems are hurried to be killed!! Don't run guys, there is enough lava for all of you!

View attachment 10948
See that portal visible on the attached screenshot? It was leading to LBJ Memorial Spire portal in Nether yet until the day before yesterday.

Well, it isn't anymore. It now leads to its own 2-way portal:

It's at the edge of Nether fortress, south to Bio Dome's portal:

You can get there from the main hub either by taking Sammy's Castle -> Blaze Grinder route, or by Orb's Lighthouse route.

I've made a railway station there with routes to my lighthouse and to the Bio Dome:

And here's the Bio Dome end:

Gerdih

Reaction score
Actually the output rate its not the same of the photo. :lol:

When the photo was taken the iron golem tube was stuck and the tube was full of iron golems so from here comes the photo. :)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Actually the output rate its not the same of the photo. :lol:

Yeah, I waited about 6 days to get iron for the iron blocks I placed at the Nether side of the Iron Farm portal.