Hey Orbiter players -- I can make you tear your hair out.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Well, if you feel that strongly, perhaps exploring the simple "no MP3" option in the SoundConfig program might be an idea... :shifty:

I liked it. Stately, matched in well with an Arrow doing slow and steady ops in space. Dan's new space-themed music for OS4 is better though IMHO.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I don't have a problem with it. In my opinion, it fits in well with the feel of orbital operations.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Agreed with Codz and technically the music (to call it a song is an insult to a wonderfully gifted composer) isn't in orbiter it is in orbitersound which is an addon to the core.

asbjos

tuanibrO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The song is nice and fits to Orbiter, but after simulating a long flight and listening to it 1-2 hours in a row, I got tired of it, so I changed the musich to the soundtrack from "In the Shadow of the Moon".

And with this I post my 200th post. Hurray!:sweet:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, add more music to your folder or playlist. There are really simple instructions to do so in the mp3 folder you deleted the file from. For reference, I have 169 musical pieces in the playlist at present, and have about 20 new ones to add today. Never a dull moment for my ears.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Well, add more music to your folder or playlist. There are really simple instructions to do so in the mp3 folder you deleted the file from. For reference, I have 169 musical pieces in the playlist at present, and have about 20 new ones to add today. Never a dull moment for my ears.

Exactly. I removed Air (after a while I was kinda tired of listening to it after a couple hundred flight hours) and replaced it with tunes from Sunshine, Apollo 13, and with some tracks from ambient artist Solar Fields. I have nearly 29 tracks in my OS4 playlist. Voila, variety.

EDIT: Aside from that. I am glad to hear the piece over again, as a matter of fact I'm listening to it right now after following your link. It is an astoundingly beautiful piece of music, I still remember the feeling I got when I first heard it come on the first time I managed to hit orbit. It will never make me "tear my hair out", I love it too much.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Exactly. I removed Air (after a while I was kinda tired of listening to it after a couple hundred flight hours) and replaced it with tunes from Sunshine, Apollo 13, and with some tracks from ambient artist Solar Fields. I have nearly 29 tracks in my OS4 playlist. Voila, variety.
Yeap, got Sunshine, Apollo 13 and Solar Fields here too, funny enough.

Also, what? No Mass Effect? ;)
EDIT: Aside from that. I am glad to hear the piece over again, as a matter of fact I'm listening to it right now after following your link. It is an astoundingly beautiful piece of music, I still remember the feeling I got when I first heard it come on the first time I managed to hit orbit. It will never make me "tear my hair out", I love it too much.

:yes: Very true. I think many of us get nostalgic for Air, and aside of that it is an amazing piece of music. Some pieces are classic for a reason.

Blue Danube is up there, too, clichèe though it may be.

Cerebus

Lurking
Donator
Reaction score
I love Bach, not just Air on a G string, but his organ pieces also, especially the toccatas and fugues, Satie also works well, I usually have a playlist full of classical music written for keyboard instruments, it always feels calmer, no matter what Orbital disaster I seem to find myself in.

One piece I would really love a decent version of is the theme music for Millennium 2.2, by David Whittaker, so far I've only managed to find versions of it from the game itself...

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it. In my opinion, it fits in well with the feel of orbital operations.

You should see some of my orbital operations. ;) Sometimes I think that eastern European death-metal would be more appropriate. :lol:

There is absolutely no excuse for not knowing how to change the music, or just turn it off.
PS: And NO! Laziness doesn't count.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You should see some of my orbital operations. ;) Sometimes I think that eastern European death-metal would be more appropriate. :lol:

:lol::cheers:

I recommend Nightwish (from their better times) with their interpretation of the Themes of "Crimson Tide" and "Deep Blue Sea". And of course "Stargazers" for the eject burn.

But for passing the lunar orbit, I can't resist having Judas Priest with "A Touch Of Evil" ready... these damn 0.5° arc seconds of rock-hard lunar deadliness.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
More into Haydn and Mozart myself (currently in LEO with Haydn's #38 in C major).
I like the "new" Orbiter Sound music, and after all this time Orbiter won't be Orbiter without Bach (so it's still in there).

My Orbiter playlist is mostly classical; Haydn, Mozart, Boccherini, Corelli...

Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
i quite enjoy this piece. I supplemented with many tunes on home box, but am never disappointed to find air playing. I also added some "space music" i think it was from Cosmos Tv show or something, it's pretty dramatic. Then there is Rob Dougan, which is rather oddly fitting as space music. I have three or four Rob D songs on there...

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I just use the same playlist I have in winamp. If you look closelly orbiter sound reads m3u playlist files.

hedzup456

Semi-poetic moron
Reaction score
Website
mypoetryramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Air is THE orbiter song, for most people.
I know it is for me.
If you don't like it, don't play it. It's your orbiter install. Do what you like!
Simples, eeh?

For reference, I have 169 musical pieces in the playlist at present, and have about 20 new ones to add today.
I'm curious, what types of music do you have?

~Hedz