Greetings from Western Wisconsin

Beck

Reaction score
Greetings from Western Wisconsin! I found Orbiter about a year ago and I am interested in using Orbiter in an educational setting. I feel that the variety of add-ons and the ability to define the parameters of a mission would lend themselves to doing exactly that.

Up to this point, I have been piloting the shuttle and I am able to successfully achieve a highly elliptical, but stable orbit. I can also increase and decrease my periapsis and apoapsis to achieve a circular orbit at a specific altitude. Docking with the ISS and re-entry are the next items on the to-do list.

Greetings to all.

Thank you.

Beck

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

:cheers:

MikeB

Reaction score
Just in case you haven't seen it, the classic introduction to Orbiter is Bruce Irving's Go Play In Space. You can find it on OrbiterWiki:
http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Go_Play_In_Space

Ten chapters of an easy path to developing Orbiter skills, plus links to tutorials and demos.

I agree Orbiter should be useful in an education setting, and there have been a few threads here showing what some people have done along those lines. I think it would be worthwhile to collect some of that experience (and yours!) in an article on OrbiterWiki. Keep us posted on your efforts and successes.

Oh, and welcome to Orbiter Forum!