OHM G42-200 StarLiner WIP-302

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
you can just edit the files in Textures/DGa2 as you normally would

the ones prefixed "ext" are for the exterior model, as one would expect :thumbup:

make sure you create a backup first, there's no built-in support for skinning at the current release (will do in a near future)

Ciperr

Reaction score
HELP PLEASE! G422 Module won't load?!

---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module: G422
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5442]
---------------------------------------------------------------

i made sure everything was correctly installed and i redownloaded numerus times and retried to run scenario, but it keeps crashing?

Staiduk

Reaction score
Hi all. Been loving the Starliner for some time now; it's just what I love in Orbiter flight. My only concern was exactly what others here have said; lack of documentation but I am well familiar with Moach's work and know that when this bird is complete; she'll be truly magnificent - even more than she is now.

Documentation is a bit of an issue though; so I would like to help if I may. Like Moach himself says in the Development thread; there's no point writing a manual when so much of the craft will change before the official rollout. But to help; I'd like to make a procedures tutorial video detailing the checklists a pilot follows throughout the flight. Since it's only a video it won't matter if it quickly becomes obsolete; it's mainly for my own amusement - for some weird reason I like making tutorials (possibly for the false sense of intelligence they provide :rofl:).
I'm sketching it right now - will hope to shoot on Sunday; my only day off for a week. I follow quite rigorous quasi-airline procedures when flying the G42 so can offer a fairly comprehensive training vid.
Cheers!

Staiduk

Reaction score
Doing it now - not sure when I'll be able to upload; I'm quite certain I won't get it all done tonight and tomorrow. So if not tomorrow; most likely Friday.

FYI; it'll be in a similar vein to a more realistic preflight tute I did some years ago here.

Cheers!

Edited to add: Be aware that I haven't fully explored all the power and potential of Moach's superb work yet - I have an LEO solution that works well for me but I have no idea if it's the best one. I'm sure many will correct me - but if this vid matches its goals viewers will at least be able to get into LEO. :)

Last edited:

Staiduk

Reaction score
Hey folks - just letting you know I'm starting to assemble the bits now. It'll be ready for upload Saturday. I abandoned much of what I planned and went for a bare-bones flight into LEO - how you get back down is your problem. ;) :lol:
I use most of the dummy and not-yet-implemented switches in the vocal track; the neccesary ones are printed out on the screen as we progress. The viewer can select how much immersion he/she chooses to use.

Just gotta say it: Moach; you are really, really, really good. This is one fantastic spaceplane. :thumbup:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice, I look forward to it.

And yeah, the G42-200 is quite something. Nothing else comes close to the flying experience you get from this thing. Love your work Moach.

Staiduk

Reaction score
Uh...I plotted everything out, got it all ready but I've run into trouble - I can't get Fraps to work properly. It works fine from the outside - the external shots look great - but trying to use it inside the flight deck causes Orbiter to grind to 0fps and stay there several minutes. It works sometimes; I've got a few scenes done, but by and large it's just not working. I think I can push through to make a startup video; but I'd hoped to follow the flight to LEO and there's no way I'll be able to fly under these conditions. Still working on it - but if anyone can tell me why Fraps causes Orbiter to freeze at 0 FPS inside the flight deck I'd appreciate it.

Staiduk

Reaction score
Thanks; just finished the majority of filming - excellent product, that! :thumbup:

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Glad you are having some luck with it. Looking forward to your video! :cheers:

Staiduk

Reaction score
Thanks. It's done but...well...it frankly sucks. I'm sorry fellows - I don't want to pirate this thread, this is about Moach's superb aerospacecraft after all but I'm not prepared to release mediocre work; it wouldn't be fair to the superb Starliner.

I'm starting over. Hope to upload tomorrow. Got a loooong night ahead of me. :)

Last edited:

I00I

Not from this world
Reaction score
Most excellent..:cheers:
“Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Last edited:

Yurik

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Attachments

• nm.jpg
    nm.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think the Ramcaster used the hover keys? (numpad [0] and [.])?

Somebody somewhere made a "cheat-sheet" pdf with the sequence and the keymap. I'll see if I can find it. But I think it's in the development thread somewhere also.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Yeah, RAMCASTER is on the hover channel. I posted a checklist on the wiki a while back... Haven't checked it lately.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Moach is rather busy with KSP right now. So, who knows when Moach will be back for more...