Project French Guyana Airports and Cessna 172

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The hardest part would be to map the terrain (rivers, airfield) as "places where you don't want trees" in terms of x/y coordinates, uv mapping does that all the time with mesh coordinates and textures. It can certainly be done. Then you find a way to define minimum spacing between the trees, add some variety... Then you generate a text file from that you can paste in the base config file.

Better would be declaring such "procedural content" into the graphics client. The API we have for bases and add-ons is optimized for other tasks, while the graphics client could make use of the GPU for many aspects of it.

For example, there could be one additional texture for a planet that defines density and type of the vegetation. Close to the vegetation cell, you could see individual trees and shrubs, further away, you just get transparent textures stacked on top of each other, adding some substance to the horizon.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes and the good thing with it is that it wouldn't be limited to trees : in urban areas it could be houses, in downtowns skyscrapers, in rural areas scattered farms...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yes and the good thing with it is that it wouldn't be limited to trees : in urban areas it could be houses, in downtowns skyscrapers, in rural areas scattered farms...

On the moon, you could use it for rocks and boulders...

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi every body

Come on, a little peace and quiet moment in this dangerous crazy world....:rolleyes:

I just completed the last tiles-areas, which will be part of my future add-on "Cessna and French Guiana aerodromes".
(which doesn't mean that my add-on is finished, but the essential work is now done!!!) ?

This is Sinnamary's area.
As a reminder, Sinnamary is a little village north of Kourou.
This is where the Russian staff who work at ELS live (sorry, I write ELV on the picture, it's a mistake on my part...)

40a.jpg

40b.jpg

40c.jpg

I'm afraid that the city will empty.... and become again the small village that I knew.... :unsure:

And here is Mana.
Small town located near the mouth of the Maroni River, it is from there that I went to see the famous leatherback turtles lay (and also the eggs hatch)

41c.jpg

Right next to Mana, here is Kouachinana

41d.jpg

And to finish, here is the area of "Trois-sauts", with the village Zidock (Native American village) in flight.
of course there is no runways here....

41e.jpg

41f.jpg

See you soon for more.... :cheers::salute:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hello :cheers:

My Cessna is almost completed.... :love:

He tended to raise his nose (pitch up) but that's it, I managed to correct that.

Just an overview of the panel: I just added a small MFD on the right, functional. (still with Fred's VesselBuilder!) :cool:

panel.jpg

So I have a question... or rather 2 :

1) is there a MFD that could be used as an autopilot for heading ? (for the rest it is not necessary)

2) is there a MFD that simulates the basic instruments of an airplane ? (see left arrow)

Thank you in advance for your answers. :salute:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
AFAIR, there was one such MFD around already, but I don't know how old it is. An atmospheric flight MFD wouldn't be rocket science, but could have some difficulty.

Also I can't get the necessary text book from my old universities library for this task and I really recommend this one to anybody implementing such a MFD:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi every body. :cheers:

Some news :

I had a problem :
  • car hood open, if you lower the windshield it passes through.
  • conversely, windshield in low position, if you open the car hood it passes through.
:unsure:

With Vesselbuilder and the "EVENTS" category I managed to avoid that !!! :hailprobe:

:p So, I can't resist showing you this :
  • windshield in low position, it rises automatically
  • car hood closed and windshield in the up position, if you lower the windshield, the car hood closes!
  • and the hood disappears when you lower the windshield (automatically!)

And of course you can also control the windshield and car hood independently.
all this is of course done without changing keys: 1 for the windshield, 2 for the car hood!!!!

I spent the morning and part of the afternoon for that, but I'm happy!!! ?

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi ! :cheers:

I need your opinion. I explain to you :

I added lights to indicate to the pilot if the altitude is sufficient to parachute the crates.

In fact, the crate(s) must reach a certain speed for the parachute to open.
(one more times thanks to VesselBuilder) !!

So you have to be above 1000 m for that. ;)

The first indicator (red) is visible between altitude 100 m and 995 m, then the second (green) above 1000 meters.

question.jpg

My question : is the text okay ?
(my mastery of the English language having limits...)

thank you for your reply.. :salute:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi to everybody

A little video of a hard landing with my Cessna at Sinnamary (near Kourou, French Guyana) , with the help of the MFD-HSI.

The approach speed is a little high: 109 m/s (390 km/h !) :oops: instead of the 40 m/s (144 km/h...) recommended by the manufacturer jacquesmomo... ?

I did it at this speed so the video wouldn't be too long.
Frame is dropping a little because my video capture prog eats me a lot of FPS.
Be indulgent... ? It's just to show you.

The touch is a little rock and roll, but the 700 meters runway still allows the finish without crash one's plane ?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Very good brakes...

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi

My French Guyana airports + Cessna add-on is still in development... :giggle:
I am currently doing the scenarios.

Most of these scenarios will be "serious"
but... some will be a little less.... :ROFLMAO:

Here is a preview of one of them.

(Sorry for the slow video... my computer is like me: a little bit old...) :unsure: