Gaming Elite: Dangerous

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Are community goals part of the multi-player?

Thanks, N.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Nyes: a certain goal is stated (e.g. "bring as much [material] as you can to place x" or similar ones for mining and bounty hunting) and everyone's contribution is counted, but you can play in solo mode.

The rewards are structured in tiers, as in this example:
zVPErS2.png

the toal collected material reaches the third tier (graph on the right), while this Commander's contribution lands him in the top 5%, netting a reward of 80000 Credits (bottom table).

Note that this must be some sort of test CG, since the rewards are usually much higher.

In general it's very easy to at least get in the top 50% contributors.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

A short history of Jaques and his station, as taken from the new tourist beacon:
vFKM9lF.jpg

Mining with a fellow CMDR for the Colonia Community Goal:
7YGPKr2.jpg

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Has mining improved? I tried it when I first picked up the game (a year or so ago, I guess) and it was rather underwhelming -- payoff wasn't great at all and the mining process itself was rather annoying.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
The process can be automated if you use limpets: scan asteroids with prospectors, which are not only determine its composition but also double the amount of minerals in it (yeah, this weird); mine it with lasers; collect fragments with collector drones; then refine in with refinery. Everything goes much faster compared to doing everything manually.

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

Here's a good article with hints about mining:

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Miner

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Hisaaka D1, The Black Planet:

9533C46E925BD081D3A4AD934C9AFEFC2003A4F3

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Slowly ranking up in the empire.

\o/ I've got Imperial Courier.
710490F3E3EECB7D9AEBBAC298E85CE6F85387D3

Test flight.
8B2809B50C0C52D3498C2CB2DB4CB6F245124CC9

Should've reconfigured it for long flights (on the way to Maia to buy meta-alloy for engineer).
4B0F2D484F79F8E698787D092374728632CA9D41

Farseer INC.
F6164DD464EFDA18852F1CA3F5DBF4AD01D75F76

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
I bought Type-7 and decided to try to make money as a trader. With 200 tons capable cargo bay and an economy-class cabin for 32 passengers equipped it can be quite convenient to take multiple delivery and passenger missions at once and fill the cargo bay to the max with commodities to sell on the way. Yes, cargo delivery makes less money than before, but many missions are giving bonuses on some accounts like change og destination or lesser time limit, and these bonuses are clearly not affected by the delivery price glitch. And by completing missions you're gaining factions' rep, and more rep means more missions.
Another matter is pirates. The ones that hunt you because of some delivery you take, not the wild ones. When you are carrying several missions, you have several pirates on your tail. Type-7 is especially good at evading supercruise interdiction, I've never been interdicted when flying it yet. But they tried, oh, they did. The worst case was nine interdiction attempts in a row!

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That ship looks so nice it's making me rethink my position about slave smuggling.

Don't plan to do big deliveries with it. It has only 2 class-3 slots. I'm re-fitting mine depending on a mission. Suprisingly I managed to kill a pirate lord in Vulture somehow with my "combat outfit".

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
That mystery CG sounds like a good excuse for a road trip. I'm in, anybody else?

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I'd be there, but I'm 20,000LY away and there's no way I'd make it without some serious sleep deprivation.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
d4NGEcF.jpg

It's not a Frame Shift Drive, It's a Freedom Spreading Drive.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Make the universe great again?

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUu9-ASyg0"]Elite Dangerous 2.2 Alien Crash site - Mystery Solved - YouTube[/ame]

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Space is hard.

Decided to find a quick mission last night before dinner, then finish it up just before bed. Just a simple cargo run. Deliver 4 units of beer. Easy, right? Plotted a course with 3 jumps to the system that had the beer, landed & bought the beer before logging off. Logged back on just after eleven o'clock, figured I'd take the cargo back & reap the rewards. Oh, hey, a destination change , still 3 jumps & an increase in pay. Two jumps down, it drops me by the star, I scoop some fuel, then at 60% heat it does an emergency stop. "Taking heat damage." No biggie, been there, done that already, lived to tell the tale & repaired at the next station. Then, my blood runs cold as I see the message in the upper-right of my hud, "Cargo hold damaged. Jettisoning cargo." Aaaaand I've wasted 2 hours.

Play Elite: Dangerous they said. Explore the vast expanse of space they said. It'll be fun they said. Why are you sobbing on the floor they said....

I love this game.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hey ... Elite: Dangerous has -33% on Steam ..................................... :shifty:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Do it! Become a space trucker today!

At this point and at the prices now available I'd get Horizons too (the "Commander Deluxe Edition" as advertised on Steam).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Do it! Become a space trucker today!

At this point and at the prices now available I'd get Horizons too (the "Commander Deluxe Edition" as advertised on Steam).

Same here, but I can't try it before the weekend, some residual work left to be done.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
"Luckily" I've been blessed with a train strike. :dry:

Feel lucky. I just got informed, I'll be send to an urgent bootcamp training course for two weeks in the beginning of December and then get deployed for the first three months of 2017 at the shores of the Rhine river.... This means I will only be at home for two weeks this year.