Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Two? :blink:

EDIT: went through old screenshots, nevermind. Thought there was only one "interesting object".

:lol:

Am I right that the Mirage 2000C does not yet allow INS alignment?

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Correct! Right now the nav system is extremely barebones, but it should receive a make-over relatively early, with a significant amount of flightmodel and radar refinement having taken place over the last 2-3 updates.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And a small summer flash sale is announced in the newsletter.

We don't have them often now, but this weekend we are having a Flash Sale on most DCS World modules. Take advantage of this big sale while it lasts. Starting 10 June at 1500 GMT and lasting until 20 June at 0900 GMT.

DCS: SA342 Gazelle – 10% off
DCS: L-39 Albatros – 50% off
DCS: NEVDA Test and Training Range map – 20% off
Most of other released DCS World modules – 40% off

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Right after I pre-purchased the F-5, of course.

---------- Post added 13-06-16 at 07:38 ---------- Previous post was 12-06-16 at 10:59 ----------

Wpda1r4.jpg

Taken from a livestream presenting the F-5 yesterday :) Look very closely.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Right after I pre-purchased the F-5, of course.

---------- Post added 13-06-16 at 07:38 ---------- Previous post was 12-06-16 at 10:59 ----------

Wpda1r4.jpg

Taken from a livestream presenting the F-5 yesterday :) Look very closely.

F/A-18C...niiiice. Can't wait for that one.

At 50% off, I'll probably pick up the Albatros this week.

Col_Klonk

Reaction score
I have arrived...

:thumbup:
cbHlT2n.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Getting some practice in.. Easy does it.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/umo9dl8tdpet55u/ME109.mp4?dl=0 8)

They seem to have the 'floating' during flaring right. Not that I'd know anyway, but from comparison reports between the FW190 and ME109.. The Me109 doesn't want to land, whereas the FW190 lands like a piano falling from the 5th floor :lol:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any word of a corresponding Steam sale? I have DCS and all the associated DLCs on Steam, don't want to pick things up separately...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Any word of a corresponding Steam sale?
Well, the Steam Summer Sale 2016 starts next week. They will either wait for it, or otherwise make 2 separate sales in short time. :p

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Went looking at the Albatross, and give them their due, they did print "Not for Steam" in big letters. They have gone up in my estimation, and I'll keep checking for Steam sales.

N.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Went looking at the Albatross, and give them their due, they did print "Not for Steam" in big letters. They have gone up in my estimation, and I'll keep checking for Steam sales.

N.
Yeah, they probably get a lot of complaints from people trying to buy it for Steam and being unable to, despite the stickied thread in the steam discussions...

Hopefully the summer sale will have something good, now that I've got the HTC Vive I'm hoping to get back into more simming...

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
The VIVE! ...cooh. I'm looking at that for flight sims, specifically X-Plane, have you seen or heard any reports about that?

N.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The VIVE! ...cooh. I'm looking at that for flight sims, specifically X-Plane, have you seen or heard any reports about that?

N.
I don't have X-Plane 10 so I can't try it with the latest version, sorry. It did work reasonably well with DCS, although there were occasional dropped frames/lag. Rumor on the DCS forums is that it's not really usable in combat missions with lots of action since the framerate drops so low.

Haven't yet tried it myself but I've heard that Elite: Dangerous is pretty dang awesome in VR.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Hielor and n122vu appreciated. Bit of a shame, but early days and we shall see what occurs.

N.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Last I heard back in April both the Oculus Rift and the Vive were a no-go for X-Plane 10 at this time due to no OpenGL drivers.
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/95075-vr-update-oculus-rift-and-htc-vive/
Yet another reason why no one in their right mind would choose OpenGL over DirectX, I guess.

FSX supports it via a 3rd party addon. DCS supports it natively, as does Elite: Dangerous if you're into that kind of thing.

VR is a game-changer for flight sims. The immersion and presence is incredible.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I know nothing of the OpenGL/DirectX debate, and so I shouldn't I'm an end user!

However the VR stuff, looks very interesting.

After many years of flight simming ended up with this:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Notebook_04/2016-06-14 08.15.09_zpsrz6nvgyh.jpg

Its a two pc setup, one for X-Plane, other for Aerowinx Precision simulator. Hope to have Xplane driving the graphics, other machine doing Aerowinx.
Aerowinx is a dedicated 747 sim, its been around a long time(not as long as Bruce Artwick).
http://www.aerowinx.com/
From forums its possible, but so far I haven't got either machine talking to the other. That's not a problem, its just the start of the fun...

Just had a look at the history of Bruce Artwick, scary stuff, it looks familiar...
http://mujweb.cz/havlikjosef/Bruce_Artwick.htm

N.

Last edited: