Idea Delta Glider V Ideas?

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe I have missed something about the DGIV, but what does the air intake do actually... I figured it made engine performance better but tested it when I first downloaded the craft... now I got nothing...

Here is something that noone has susgested yet. Folding wings... Yes I said folding wings so it will fix in a cargo bay of a XR5
Ofc you can always sling it below a XR5 using UCD or Energia Launches.

Reaction score
Id love to have a full autopilot for when i just feel like messing. espacially one that did all of the re-entry for you.
I HATE RE-ENTRY!!:compbash:
Also the idea of putting it in the XR5 bay is great.

Tommy

Reaction score
DGIV already has a fully automatic re-entry AP It does everything but line up and de-orbit.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ah, I remember my days of "n00b re-entry". I was so bad at it that I would just stop the mission after I undocked. Then something just clicked in my head and now I can do a perfect manual re-entry with every vehicle, space shuttle included. I have no idea how it happened.

My biggest wish right now is to increase the number of seats! It just feels so uneconomical to be going into orbit with only four passengers.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The DGIV is already a very complete addon. All I think it needs now is a VC.

Start making it bigger, smaller, changing the crew size etc, and then it starts to become another vessel, and lose it's DGIVness.

Would it be harder to add a VC then to start altering the vessel?

Orbiter

Reaction score
-(i cant reentry ) .but i whant more fuel cose i like to spend hours of atmosferic flight ,
same interior new faces as pasangers ,that sexy voice to comunicate more whit you and a tutorial how to load the flight plans from "flights" file ,if not used by Orbiter in its tutorials. in rest it has any thing you need to have an cute ride around the sun

Tommy

Reaction score
more fuel cose i like to spend hours of atmosferic flight

Uncheck "Limited Fuel" in the parameters tab of the Orbiter Launchpad and fly forever.

a tutorial how to load the flight plans from "flights" file ,if not used by Orbiter in its tutorials

If you're talking about the flight recorder, that isn't a DGIV issue - it in the Orbiter core. Someone has to fly (and record) the flights first, it's not an auto-pilot.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Somethings that would be pretty cool, imo, for a DGV:
-DGV as a "Staged" vehicle. Like, after near-orbit insertion, the Main engines, part of the wings, and some other parts of the mesh fall off, then you do final orbit-insertion with your "new" engines. This would be more realistic then a SSTO vehicle, which can go to the moon and back, nearly on one tank of fuel.
-"Better", more realistic systems, almost like the XR Vehicles. By Life support, i mean A working Radiator, APU with fuel, that sort of thing.
-An alternate power source, such as deployable solar panels (they would work like the radiator)
-Working "Damage and Failure Simulation", almost like AMSO. It would detect if Damage and Failure Simulation is on in the Launchpad, then react accordingly. Some examples I can think of: Short circuit, blowing out Main Engines, or RCS, or Both; Damage to the heatshield during orbit-insertion (fixed by UMMU with a special attachment, possibly carried in the cargo hold); fuel leak; <if implemented> solar panel damage; fire to explode main fuel tank in 10 seconds; any other thing that can go wrong.
-more attachment points in the cargo hold (instead of just one, standard sized cargo, there could be multiple attachment points, like for tools)
-an MFD that shows the cargo position relative to the cargo hold (like docking MFD, but just change the position a little. Useful for more "realistic" stuff, without going into 3rd person view to see if you'll capture your cargo)
-Backup capsule for space. If something happens in space and you need to eject, or just get away from the main ship quickly, my idea is to have the entire cockpit seperate from the main ship, powered by an engine similar to the CSM in the Apollo missions (by similar engine, i mean one thats not terribly powerful, and small). The heat-shield would be "ejected" off, as to redude weight. to survive, another ship would have to pick them up.
-More passengers
-Different nose-cone: Whenever I look at that nose cone open and close, it just seems WAY to flimsy to work as an effective heatshield. This is just my personal preference, but just something i'm throwing out there

Thats all I can think of for now. Hope all these idea's reach Dan!

EDIT:
Also, re-entry after effect. With AMSO, when the capsule comes back from the moon, its all burnt and whatnot. It would be nice to see something like this for a DGV, and I have an idea on how to do it:
The heat-shield effect only comes on when you are hitting the atmosphere at the right speed and altitude. Also, its intensity changes. Which means it can be controlled. I suggest another "layer" of this, just hidden until the ship cools to a certain temperature. The normal skin would be shown after being on the ground for, say, 10 seconds.

Last edited: