Idea Delta Glider V Ideas?

penlu

Reaction score
No 1.8 G orbital adjustments? Only translation? How about when you want to get to the moon?

T +9907 Stop firing the RCS!

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I would love a bigger DGV. It should have a greenhouse with trees inside.
You won't survive a 4 year trip if you do not carry trees. Trees are the most efficient and clean CO2 absorber devices. You require less than 1 kg of water to abosorb 1 kg of CO2.

Instead with any other substance like KO, Li2O2 or LiOH you require more than 1 kg and the byproduct becomes waste.

Hartmann

Reaction score
Well, a DG V could be a great spaceplane but a greenhouse could be too big for the glider. i supose that is a short range spacecraft and i use it always in realistic ranges or travel times.

i would like another external design but it could be very difficult and the glider is near to the perfection so i suggest use Pyro bolts for the ejection seats and not hyd pressure . :lol:

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
Then what you want is a greenhouse DGIV cargo to dock to once in orbit and use it for your life support. I've done that with the current payloads for long voyages.

GeorgeTirebiter

Reaction score
I'd like to have ejection seats for all crewmembers. It seems silly for the pilot to have an ejection seat while everyone else has to jump out like it's an old B-17. On real-world aircraft where the crew isn't sitting under a canopy (like the B-2) they put "blow out" hatches in the roof above each ejection seat. The DGV passengers deserve nothing less.

I agree with pandadude, the docking autopilot should be fixed so that if you are trying to dock with a port that's not facing towards you, it'll align with the docking port by performing a flyaround at a safe distance (like the Shuttle's TORVA maneuver, but faster) instead of just smashing into the target vehicle.

It's been mentioned already, but just by moving the radiator door hinge to the aft side of the radiator bay, the radiator and cargo bay could be open at the same time.

Other than that, I'd like to see the UV mapping cleaned up a bit.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, all crew members need ejection seats, I often had situations were the Pilot survived, but all the others had no time to open their parachutes. And the ejection seat should boost the crewmembers a bit forward to make it possible to make ejections when strapped to an Energia and you need to quickly get away short before or in the first seconds after launch to avoid crashing before the parachute is open.

penlu

Reaction score
A greenhouse!? Ok, that would be waaaaay too big!! The obvious solution would be to dock to the greenhouse, like Hartmann said. Lol, astrosammy's post reminded me of a time when I landed a bit too hard and my landing gear was smashed. I ejected all the crew, and the rear two fell 3 feet to their deaths. Zomg it were teh so retarted lol rofl.

Lunchbox

Reaction score
I would definitely like to see an extra MFD or two, perhaps on the lower panel? I think only 3 would do because screen real estate will be a squeeze.

pandadude

Aussie Orbinaut
Reaction score
2. I didn't know hyd pres was connected to ejection... it works for me whether hyd is on or not.

You're right. What I mean is when I'm landing, I often forget to turn on the hyd pressure. So then when I go to extend the landing gear, I get the no hyd pressure warning. By this stage, there isn't time to look up at the top panel, flick the hyd pressure switch and then extend the gear. So I basically realise I'm going to crash. So I hit Esc 3 times, but often I still hit the ground before I've ejected. Even if the pilot makes it out, it is actually pretty rare that the rest of the crew make it out once you're so close to landing.

Nickmick95

Reaction score
There should be more improvements like when you take the Antenna and point it at a ship you could get its nav frequency and dock with it using Docking Autopilot. Also it should be a little bit bigger......

Kveldulf

Reaction score
There should be more improvements like when you take the Antenna and point it at a ship you could get its nav frequency and dock with it using Docking Autopilot
I like this idea. I havent found much use for the Antenna, as most of the info can be found on other MFDs I have open at the time. Plus, not having to deal with the :censored: windows disappearing when I look for a frequency would be a welcome change.

Personally, I think the DGIV is the best in smaller craft. I think its time to move on up, and have the DGV be a large cargo ship. Or at least (like ar81 said), make it larger for long trips.

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
going from the idea of the turbo packs (amazing btw) how about a version of the DGV with a small UMMU compatable vehicle like the lunar rover that can be deployed? most of the exploring i do is with the turbo packs but a buggy could increse range and contain equipment, maybe even a couple of turbo packs lol

penlu

Reaction score
Hey, the buggy idea is pretty good. But there's already a lot of space taken up. It looks like there is, in fact, no room for fuel! So how about, say, a rover cargo instead?

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'd like to have ejection seats for all crewmembers. It seems silly for the pilot to have an ejection seat while everyone else has to jump out like it's an old B-17. On real-world aircraft where the crew isn't sitting under a canopy (like the B-2) they put "blow out" hatches in the roof above each ejection seat. The DGV passengers deserve nothing less.
Funny, I never noticed that the other crew members can only "bail". I obviously don't care about my crew all that much. If Francois Bowman is still breathing, I'm happy. ^_^

As for the suggestions for a greenhouse and a rover, a lot of these could be implemented as cargo for the payload bay. It seems to be a very flexible system, but it isn't used to it's full potential.

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
maybe the answer is using different "pods" for the cargo bay, thunderbird 2 style. you select which one you need at the start of the scenario based on what you want to do. thay could hold a rover, fuel or any amount of greenery lol

Hashy

Reaction score
Just design something that isnt a mechano death trap...

penlu

Reaction score
Lol. Pods work, too. That gives even more reason to put an airlock in the cargo bay.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
No 1.8 G orbital adjustments? Only translation? How about when you want to get to the moon?

T +9907 Stop firing the RCS!

That's not an orbit adjustment, in the common term. That's an ejection burn- for which, of course, you would need the MEs.