Gaming Codemasters F1 Multiplayer discussion

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Well, I saw the title and expected the Codemaster's game.

3 races left though, yeah. I'd probably wait 'till Melbourne.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Well, I saw the title and expected the Codemaster's game.

3 races left though, yeah. I'd probably wait 'till Melbourne.

Likewise - I suspect my brain saw the word "fantasy" and decided to conveniently ignore it.

A multiplayer racing syndicate would be fun, perhaps, if nothing else to see if we can win anything.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Hello! I am Pablo, and I too came here ready for some Codemasters action. I guess we were all blinded by our need to race.

Unfortunately I don't really know anything about F1, but I am down for looking like a total noob and being terrible. :D

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Hello! I am Pablo, and I too came here ready for some Codemasters action. I guess we were all blinded by our need to race.

Unfortunately I don't really know anything about F1, but I am down for looking like a total noob and being terrible. :D

F1 in a nutshell:

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN*crash*

It's like Europe's NASCAR.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Came for some Codemasters too! Actually I'm playing it, with a snowman on a Lotus team (because of Grosjean ^^) on a coop championship on the Internet, on YouTube !

[/useless post]

Proximus

Reaction score
Yeah I would be up for it :thumbup:

I'm more of a moto gp (F1 for motorbikes) fanatic but love all motor sport.
I'm also moving home soon and may not have an internet connection for a while so Melbourn would suit myself better too :cheers:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
having spent some three hours practising with F1 2013 my racing style can still be described as 'F1 Pinball'.

2013-10-19_00002.jpg

Pablo49

Reaction score
I know; they're ovals. But nobody says "driving in ovals".
Except a whole lot of them aren't ovals, either. Also there are two (I believe it's two, I haven't watched NACAR in years) road courses.

Also, when I said I don't know much about F1, meant like the specific drivers/teams etc, back when this was in the thread about a fantasy league.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, a pic (or thousands of them) is better than words. This is my driving style:

Wait for Shanghai :lol:

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
I've played the main game enough to at least UNDERSTAND the concepts of the races and tires and such, even if my track times are nowhere near Jensen or Hamilton.

I'm up for redoing the season in a Grand Prix style bracket with the assembled. I don't think you get all of the fancy pit interactions doing that, but it's still something cool. When I see how many yea/nays we get, we can start picking drivers.

I think it's rather obvious, but the base requirement is F1 for PC. We'll decide on a year when we see what everyone has (I have 2012 myself). Personally, I recommend a gamepad, makes it a lot friendlier on the corners.