Buzz Aldrins Race into Space

Phillips

Regular witty saying title.
Reaction score
If you pirated it, your rocket would fail.

Another thing that astounds me is that the N1 rocket actually works in this game...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If you pirated it, your rocket would fail.

Another thing that astounds me is that the N1 rocket actually works in this game...

It would have worked in the real world as well, if they didn't just launch it in the beginning of the development program ;)

diogom

Reaction score
RIS seems to be pretty cool, but... how do I launch something into space? How do I research and build stuff? :facepalm:

Blacklight

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You get cash for launching satilites. Then you use the cash for research, building, and training.

Has anyone ever played "Liftoff" ? That's the board game that Race Into Space is based on. It's a great board game.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
RIS seems to be pretty cool, but... how do I launch something into space? How do I research and build stuff? :facepalm:

In the short form... you need for the start to buy a small rocket and a satellite as prototypes. Then you research at R&D to improve them. And if you are feeling lucky, schedule a launch for the next season. Next season you assemble the rocket and the satellite in the integration building, move the rocket to the launch site, and confirm to launch it. At the turning to the next season, you see the launch. If it is a success, you can directly start at getting astronauts trained, otherwise, you need a new rocket, and research even further....

diogom

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. It seems a little bit confusing, because on other games like this that I've played, you research first, then build. I'l go see if I have any luck, or if Eisenhower puches me in the face!:lol:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
REALLY challenging if you play the Soviets in historical mode (even at lvl 1) ! :p

(just had 3 consecutive catastrophic Soyuz failures = 9 cosmonauts in the Kremlin Wall, and my space program entirely wasted !)

diogom

Reaction score
How do I select a payload for the rockets?

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Forget my last post, I figured out how to do it. :)

jaydog

Reaction score
Sounds like fun

Yeah I loved b.a.r.i.s. back in the day, was first time I ever saw movies on my pc. I recently tried to get it to run on vist-unk and it kept crashing.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I have some extra time on my hands if your needing help. I can do some graphics, as long as it doesnt get to difficult. What are you coding in?
I was thinking you would need a database on the server keeping track of where everyone is in the game. And maybe if the client / browser app where object oriented you could add new ship types as time goes on. I could set up a MySql database for it and set up apache server.

Let me know....

Last edited: