Bad add on in links page .........

XLR82SPACE

Reaction score
I would like to bring to attention that the L10 add on on the recommended
add ons page in the Orbiter Forums Links tab, is also corrupt. I downloaded it. It looked fine through he download. Once trying to open it, it was not a zipfile. It was sometype of a Internet Explorer icon. When trying to open it it did nothing. Might see if someone could look into it. It was a good add on. If its not working right, maybe it should be removed so a newbie doesn't get confused with it.
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2552"]Level 10 Earth[/ame]

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
That is a rar file. A different compression format than zip.
You need WinRAR, 7zip or any other program that can unpack rar files. Windows can not do that natively.

You should configure your file system browser to show you file extensions. It makes your life a lot easier and prevents you from opening malicious software that often tries to fool people by using a filename similar to document.doc.exe.

XLR82SPACE

Reaction score
Ooooppps.......

Thanks a million. Like Duh on my part..... Sorry about the dead post thing, I'm new to this forum thing. Somewhat computer savy to certain issues but, lame in the forum area. Before Orbiter believe it or not I had never been on or part of a forum. So I'm learning.

O.K. so the rar file new to me also. Only about a thousand kind of ext. out there. Ha! Well since I goofed which is better the L10, or Seth's L10, and does it have lights on the dark side or do I need a add on??? for that?

Thanks for your help TSPenguin, XLR82SPACE