Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I feel like I've stepped through a time machine. :blink:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well then I guess we will continue. We have Columbia with old rms arm with baylights and eva.

I am trying to get the New rms arm and camera and lights to work.

RMS works but I can't get the beacon, camera to follow the animation.
yJ2edOi.jpg

Code:
	static UINT RMSEndEffectorGrp[1] = { GRP_Endeffector };
	rms_anim[5] = new MGROUP_ROTATE(midx, RMSEndEffectorGrp, 1,
		RMS_EE_POS, _V(0, 0, 1), (float)(894 * RAD));  // -447 .. +447
	anim_arm_wr = CreateAnimation(0.5);
	parent = AddAnimationComponent(anim_arm_wr, 0, 1, rms_anim[5], parent);

rms_anim[6] = new MGROUP_ROTATE(LOCALVERTEXLIST, MAKEGROUPARRAY(arm_tip), 5,
		RMS_EE_POS, _V(0, 0, 1), (float)(0.0));  // -447 .. +447
	//MGROUP_ROTATE* pRMS_ee_anim = new MGROUP_ROTATE(LOCALVERTEXLIST, MAKEGROUPARRAY(arm_tip), 6,
	//RMS_EE_POS, _V(0, 0, 1), (float)(0.0));
	anim_rms_ee =CreateAnimation(0.0);
	hAC_arm = AddAnimationComponent(anim_rms_ee, 0, 1, rms_anim[6], parent);

5 vertices of the armtip
Code:
arm_tip[0] = RMS_EE_POS;
	arm_tip[1] = RMS_EE_POS + _V(0.0, 0.0, -1.0); // to calculate EE attachment direction (-Z coordinate of attachment point is negative, so subtract 1 here)
	arm_tip[2] = RMS_EE_POS + RMS_Z_AXIS; // to calculate rot vector for attachment
	//arm_tip[3] = RMS_EE_POS + RotateVectorZ(_V(0.0, -1.0, 0.0), RMS_ROLLOUT_ANGLE); // to calculate arm_ee_rot (rot vector in IK frame)
	arm_tip[3] = RMS_EE_CAM_POS; // to calculate EE camera position
	arm_tip[4] = RMS_EE_LIGHT_POS;

then for the beacon and camera i set the position:
Code:
if (CAM == 6){
		SetCameraDefaultDirection(_V(0, 0, -1));
		SetCameraOffset(arm_tip[3]);
		sprintf(oapiDebugString(), "armtip3x  %2.2f armtip3y %2.2f armtip3z %2.2f", arm_tip[3].x, arm_tip[3].y, arm_tip[3].z);

oapiCameraSetCockpitDir(0, 0);
	};
same for the beacon:
Code:
void Atlantis::clbkPreStep (double simt, double simdt, double mjd)
{

spot_beacon[7].pos = &arm_tip[4];

So the points move but the beacon and camera position doesn't move fluidly. Meaning if I press the key for the camera it has moved. So I need something ?

Gazza

Reaction score
Uh? Is it?

It's been mention on the forum, that a newer beta version is in the hands of a special member for testing.:rolleyes:

On another note. Because of differences between D7 and D9 clients, there will be separate scenarios. The Dx7 scenarios will feature the pylon re-entry particle streams as DX9 already takes care of this. The re-entry and post shuttle meshes will feature on both versions.

Testing on Orbiter 2016 with the d3d9 client. I manage to get the shuttle fleet to take off, orbit and do a manual landing in one session. The fleet is much more stable with the dx9 engine, no ideal why.

Thanks

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The fleet is much more stable with the dx9 engine, no ideal why.

Do you mean it's more stable *in flight*, as in under autopilot control? Or do you mean it CTDs less? If it's the former, it's likely because of the D3D9 client's much higher framerates: the higher the framerate, the more updates per second an autopilot can make.

Gazza

Reaction score
Do you mean it's more stable *in flight*, as in under autopilot control? Or do you mean it CTDs less? If it's the former, it's likely because of the D3D9 client's much higher framerates: the higher the framerate, the more updates per second an autopilot can make.

Hi Dbeachy1

Yes the former. With the Dx7 in client, the shuttle is almost stable to MECO, but as soon as the external tank separates, the shuttle violently dives towards or away from earth. You always get a CTD once it hits earth though.

In the D3D9 client, after MECO and and at ET jettison, the shuttle will automatic be placed in a gentle pitch without user input, but any of the MFD autopilots can correct this in orbit.

So u were able to get shuttle 4.8 to work in 2016?

The shuttles are bolted to my launch pads right up to SRB ignition. After this, the ascent is around 90% accurate to MECO, with about 10km below normal Profile 1 MECO(90-95km).

With D3D9 and once in orbit, the shuttle is not fully stable, but one of the guidance MFDs can correct this gentle pitching.

Re-entry and landing is a different matter. You have to use the B key for the autopilot AOA and the kill rotation has to be kept on throughout re-entry. You will get a lower AoA between 30 and 35 degrees. I hadn't tested AutoFCS at that time. I managed to land on the runway at KSC, but my approach was too fast and i overshot. But the shuttle came to stand after a while. I will try this again and see if AutoFCS improves the shuttles re-entry and landing

As with a few other add-ons, they don't work correctly in O2016 and never will until the source files are updated!

Atm, you are the main man to get a fleet fully working in O2016.

Thanks

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's been mention on the forum, that a newer beta version is in the hands of a special member for testing.:rolleyes:

On another note. Because of differences between D7 and D9 clients, there will be separate scenarios. The Dx7 scenarios will feature the pylon re-entry particle streams as DX9 already takes care of this. The re-entry and post shuttle meshes will feature on both versions.

Testing on Orbiter 2016 with the d3d9 client. I manage to get the shuttle fleet to take off, orbit and do a manual landing in one session. The fleet is much more stable with the dx9 engine, no ideal why.

Thanks

I don't know if you mean me or not,:shrug: but I haven't heard from Vinka in quite some time. I had a very early form of SC5, that had some of the newer features he was working on, but many of the older features were not working.

Gazza

Reaction score
I don't know if you mean me or not,:shrug: but I haven't heard from Vinka in quite some time. I had a very early form of SC5, that had some of the newer features he was working on, but many of the older features were not working.

That be telling :lol:
Don, what features are not working? Does this only apply to O2016? Most of my satellites for STS Payloads are SC3/4:eek:h:

Thanks

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just tried Shuttlefleet 4.8 Launch in 2016 and once I fire main thrusters it fell to the ground. That's why we when to ms2015. I got the shuttle rms to work and cameras. Still working on rms details like speed....

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That be telling :lol:
Don, what features are not working? Does this only apply to O2016? Most of my satellites for STS Payloads are SC3/4:eek:h:

Thanks

The attachment animations are somewhat broken, the jettison feature doesn't work among others. But they pretty much work.

The SC5 update has multiple Robotic Arms, but most of the SC3 features, weren't working yet.

Gazza

Reaction score
I just tried Shuttlefleet 4.8 Launch in 2016 and once I fire main thrusters it fell to the ground. That's why we when to ms2015. I got the shuttle rms to work and cameras. Still working on rms details like speed....

Yes it will, the shuttle in STS Payloads is bolted(attached) to the pylon launch pads - as in O2006p1. In O2016, I had to amend the timer sequence to unbolt the SRBs as soon as they ignite( 20 seconds later from old timer). The shuttle will then reach orbit but i only tried launch Profile 1.

Great news about the RMS and Cameras. I could not tell if there were payload lights on the forward and aft bulkheads?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

the jettison feature doesn't work.

Yes, I honestly thought that someone found a workaround to avoid this 'shift' and position of the jettison payload. I must of misread, unless it only happens in orbit!
Does this also apply to payloads via the attachment releases?

Thanks

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Pressing Lshft + num0 will release and attach, but reading which attachment you are attaching or releasing doesn't work.

Gazza

Reaction score
Pressing Lshft + num0 will release and attach, but reading which attachment you are attaching or releasing doesn't work.

Okay. My satellites that use the SC3 payload jettison is the IUS. In STSP part two, both stages of the IUS for the interplanetary missions were normal vessels with a SC3 vessel sitting on top. I can do the same for the IUS/TDRS where only the TDRS is SC3. This would avoid the payload jettison bug for the IUS missions.

Thanks

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
"reading which attachment you are attaching or releasing doesn't work."

Don't know if it was mentioned or tried, but it's best to always use the newer SC4 .dll and not SC3.
SC4 displays attachments correctly on screen in 2016 (bottom left of screen).

You can edit the scenarios to load the vessels using SC4, or permanently change the spacecraft3.cfg to:
Code:
ClassName = Spacecraft3
Module = Spacecraft4

Gazza

Reaction score
"reading which attachment you are attaching or releasing doesn't work."

Don't know if it was mentioned or tried, but it's best to always use the newer SC4 .dll and not SC3.
SC4 displays attachments correctly on screen in 2016 (bottom left of screen).

You can edit the scenarios to load the vessels using SC4, or permanently change the spacecraft3.cfg to:
Code:
ClassName = Spacecraft3
Module = Spacecraft4

Yes, force of habit saying spacecraft3. In O2016, they do indeed use SC4!

Thanks

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So We have been able to use MS2015 to get a shuttle launched. A shuttle different than Atlantis. We have redo the Atlantis texture for Columbia. Redo the mesh to allow eva and no ODS. Added camera views similar to shuttle fleet. Added payload bay, rms and forward bulkhead lights.

So By using ms2015 it gives the user freedom to select ET's, and srbs meshes, stats,.....

I know SSU and shuttle fleet has this ability. But I wasn't able to get it to work.

Basically I was taking the default Atlantis code and changing meshes. But if I changed the srb and tank names and meshes It would fall thru.

So really not sure how to have different srb and Et with MS2015 or sc3,.....

ASCII

Reaction score
Just want to say:
STSPayloads is one of my most memorable Orbiter experiences. You really put a lot of time and effort into getting everything working, despite some of the shortcomings of pylon at the time.
Hats off to you Gazza.

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome Back Gazza, I came back lately as well but glad to see you back Thanks for the shout out have you tried my LC39 Pads update if you've got a fast machine sounds faster than mine, Donamy's ISS A2Z is the best I do all my work aimed at his addon but you need to update the Zarya and Zevzda from my Addon I've rebuilt a lot of the Pylon stuff to work with spacecraft 3 I'm working on some more stuff for it at the moment for ISS A2Z
regards David