Request Artemis landers

barrygolden

Reaction score
I did try the new Falcon heavy/ ALPACA and was getting a CTD. I turned off a camera MFD and it back to see the Falcon with no ALPACA

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Make sure you have the updated Dynetics. The latest things should be on that goggle drive.

Working on the crew guy.

Been suggested to update the Orion with crew figures.

I would be nice if UMMU or OMMU would work in 2016. So we could transfer the crews,...

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Been suggested to update the Orion with crew figures.
I would be nice if UMMU or OMMU would work in 2016. So we could transfer the crews,...
That crew guy in Orion has been travelling lonely for years now :ROFLMAO: ...yeah it would be cool if we have UMMU capability again

Tried to land on the lunar South Pole near Shackleton Crater, however the terrain rendered there seems odd

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think OMMU is dead. I know Dan is refitting his add-ons

I refitted the Orion with new MFD and crew (just Meshes).

Do you think the Ummu will work with VB. I didn't think it worked with sc3/4, Could be wrong

Last edited:

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Do you think the Ummu will work with VB. I didn't think it worked with sc3/4, Could be wrong
SC4 had UCGO/UMMU capability, but since O2016 has yet to see its own UMMU version, it only works on O2010.

I don't think VB has that capability yet since fred18 made it for Orbiter2016, but hopefully it will have as soon as UMMU-2016 is released

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OH. What may need to happen is a dll version. Then press a key an EVA vessel appears and explore around.

I found this. Looks similar to the eva suit:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
I have a small request for the next cfg-update:
Can you please change the visibility mode of the dyneticstest2 mesh to 5?

MESH_0_VIS = 5 ; was 7

Reason: With 5 it will be visible in external view and virtual cockpit view, but not in the glass cockpit.
With the current setting of 7 it is also visible in the glass cockpit view, which partially obstructs the view and makes the MFDs difficult to read if the sun shines on the inner wall of the cabin.
Thanks!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
uploaded a new solar array dll. focused on the array 1 expands,retracts, 2 lock/tracks the array.

Some progress on the eva guy. I accented the waist, hip and thigh joints. I moved the arms down along the side. Added new front piece. I need to retexture. Working on the helmet ring and back pack connection.
AzggczR.jpg

barrygolden

Reaction score
Be sure to look to do the solar shades and I found this NASA 3 d meatball might look good on the right shoulder

Attachments

• 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Solar shades? On the helmet. I have seen different version. Some side shields?
CDSfRyf.jpg

And it looks like there are some tabs on the side where the backpack would attach. Seen in the solar shield image

It looks like on the left shoulder is a US flag, right shoulder is the Artemis badge and center NASA logo

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Right now I get this:
FIB7WeZ.jpg

Thing I need to fix:
dfeCwer.jpg

the helmet from the front seem more round. The helmet on the guy now is the Altair helmet.

side
nZWr7yM.jpg

the helmet from the side look good
aPhTg18.jpg

I know need to retexture.

barrygolden

Reaction score
gattis this is looking super. maybe a hard looking shell for the LEVA, side and a top deployable shield. Lights as well. You might also think about no LEVA at all for IVA's. Be sure to put the American Flag on the left sleeve and the Artemis patch on the Chest. The strips should be added with the solid red for the commander and I would place the candy cane stripe on the pilot and a female face if the face might show. One guy in the back would have the broken stripe and one with no stripe.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So no LEVA (Lunar Extravehicular Visor Assembly) for the crew? So no helmets?

Once I get the helmet done. I might redo the arms . The image seem wider than the guy?

So the Artemis patch in the center? Images I have seen have the Artemis on the right shoulder and NASA in the center?

barrygolden

Reaction score
They will need helmets I was thinking more along the lines of the Apollo glass bubble for IVA stuff but just use what you have is fine, I would add the shades and mall lights

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. These are just meshes. So not animation like shades moving. On the lights. I can make them part of the mesh and brighten the part but they would not be real lights.

Looked at the images and not seeing helmet lights?

Lights. Do we need red/green beacon on the end of the Lander What else and where?

I guess the helmet will look like this:
SJLozEi.jpg

Found a couple more images. But they have that big belt? I think the belt is the joint of the upper and lower. It is just covered in the other images
idCxHRB.jpg

hFa1aYe.jpg

Has a different helmet

Last edited: