Request Artemis landers

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Soyuz and ATV didn't use periscopes, they used an automatic docking navigation system called KURS. If KURS failed, the Soyuz crew or station crew would manually dock the station with the vehicle.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got 2 arrays to extend. But having issue on them folding down. what if they don't fold down. Just extend straight up?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The tip of the array is blue:
VnkPJ0v.jpg

I think they do not fold. But rotate towards the sun?
Changes to the lander.
UDZXDpR.jpg

the drop tanks have 2 smaller spheres.
on the top of the lander is a plate that is flat with the opening for the dock
and seems some structure that goes away underneath,
YrXuZrh.jpg

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
on the top of the lander is a plate that is flat with the opening for the dock
and seems some structure that goes away underneath,
YrXuZrh.jpg
It seems that the rendering team from Dynetics forgot about the International Docking Standard System (IDSS) that is to be used for the Artemis and Commercial Crew Programs....the APAS-like petals were missing from the video

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. We got them:). I will add that upper plate and redo the solar array. I updated the location on the thrusters on the new mesh. Gear works. I can animate the HGA, and hatch.

I need to add the 2 crew guys. I guess in space suits? That might can wait and if Ummu gets updated then a crew maybe added.

Still need help on the mfd buttons versus screen.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
I think we should use dummy IVA and EVA crews from stock Orbiter for now until UMMU 4.0 is released. Of course, the EVA crews won't walk on the moon, but fly on the moon.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Made some changes. Not sure if the mass,... are the up to date.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_o9RzLjDCQ7OcsILxsNCF1NVRIcTOvfp/view?usp=sharing

May need to move the Droptanks in.

On the animation. Something is weird. I set the key and test the animation. But if I set the gear animation key to G. In the cfg it is something else.

I had G gear, K hatch, and 1 for HGA. But the keys are not working?
54QHIur.jpg

On the solar Array I need to fix the solar tracking. But 1 opens/close the array. 2 locks/up locks the arrays.

As always backup

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
On the animation. Something is weird. I set the key and test the animation. But if I set the gear animation key to G. In the cfg it is something else.

I had G gear, K hatch, and 1 for HGA. But the keys are not working
Animation keys in VesselBuilder are always accompanied by the [SHIFT] key :)

For example, you set the animation's command key to "G"...therefore, VB recognizes it as "[SHIFT]+G" and "[CTRL]+[SHIFT]+G" for reverse

Only the EVENTS (like the drop tanks jettison) can be set independently of the [SHIFT] and [CTRL] keys

Last edited:

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
Made some changes. Not sure if the mass,... are the up to date.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_o9RzLjDCQ7OcsILxsNCF1NVRIcTOvfp/view?usp=sharing
The new features (landing gear and solar arrays) are great! Though some corrections to its mass/fuel specifications and RCS thrusters is needed, the overall is good nevertheless.

It still can't fit into the Falcon Heavy's fairings even if the landing gears are stowed (might explain why it needed the Vulcan-Centaur or SLS Block 1B to put it to orbit)...though The Angry Astronaut theorized that it could be launched by a Starship for a much lower price instead

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess on the VC we need a HUD mesh. Maybe in the center in front of the fake MFD.

On the crew I saw where we can add another mesh. So I will get 2 suited guys as a mesh. I guess looking out the windows. And then set a key to move them.

Do the ladder scaling also

I need to redo the main mesh.

On the crew. I am not sure if we need fully eva suited guys. If we do maybe 1 in the center by the door ready to get out Rather than the window?

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
4th rock did the Altair Lander and used the orange suits standing. .gattis your Talon has the orange suits in it as well. you could have up to 4 guys in there. I think that would be the suit for IVA's. Even though they don't show it I don't see how they would not have a docking window for the crew if needed to fly it.
Not much is know about Artemis 3 other than a female will be on the flight. Judging by the 3 years left and the size of the cabin looks like 4 people will land. With no airlock I see 2 people eva's while the others close and repress the cabin for the 6 hrs plus EVA's they would swap the next day and the other 2 would EVA. I did see a hard EVA suit where the top and bottom separate and a separate back pack much like the suits planned for Apollo18,19 and 20.
I think you should look at the STS 41 D solar panel deploy, these arrays look a lot like that.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. add a docking camera.
On the interior. I basically have a wall in front of the docking tube. On the mockup. Really just an opening no pressure door,....

On the crew. I can use the orange suit guys. But I guess if the hatch is open the guys are not seen. But 2 guys at each window?

Yes the array are based off the HST.

I0CYIO0.jpg

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It was my mistake. I was going on an older cfg. If you acn update. That would be great. Or tell me what to change

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
It was my mistake. I was going on an older cfg. If you acn update. That would be great. Or tell me what to change
According to the latest calculations by francisdrake, the total propellant load should be 34.1 tons instead of 11.5 tons so that the fuel inside the drop tanks are also included (10.5 for main tanks and 23.6 for the drop tanks)...but set it only as a single tank on VB instead of two
Also, the dry mass should be set either 5.8 or 6.7 tons

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. What about the hover and Main?
Code:
MPTY_MASS = 6000.2
VSIZE = 5
PMI = 2.5 9 9
CSECTIONS = 20 20 20
GRAVITYGDAMP = 0
ROTDRAG = 0.01 0.01 0.01

Code:
PRP_0_ID = 0
PRP_0_MAXMASS = 11500
PRP_0_EFFICIENCY = 1
PRP_0_PRIMARY = TRUE
PRP_0_NAME = Drop

are you saying prp_0_maxMass= 34.1?
empty mass= 5800tns= 5261.67KG

I redid the interior. If I add this guy just behind the wall.
Y0lLhVH.jpg