Update Arrow Freighter version 2012 updated (screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Shuttle-A can dock with enough clearance... previously the engines would not fit without penetrating the aft bulkhead of docking bay , but by a very small margin.

I pushed a bit the dock (after rework) and had some hope when you talk about "small margin" but I tested and the margin is in fact enormous.
I would require to push gears, front hovers and rework almost all the bottom, so no chance, sorry. Would be much more simple to make a shorter version of ShuttleA.

That way, we could maybe create "orbiter geology", collecting different rock samples, allowing for surface EVAs to be focused on doing scientific work, like Apollos 15-17 were heavily focused on the lunar geologic work

One can make scenario where rock are already spawned ready for grabbing/pack but for active module that spawn rock I'll leave some work to other author. ;)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
One can make scenario where rock are already spawned ready for grabbing/pack but for active module that spawn rock I'll leave some work to other author. ;)

I was just wondering if you could make a generic module, similar to the one for inflatable buildings. The config line for a particular rock would just have the rocks meshname, mass, and the config of the rock cargo it spawns when UMMU hits enter. That way, users with only modelling skills, and simple ones at that, could create a main rock mesh, the sample rock mesh (ie the part that the UMMU chips off), and use it to create sampleable terrain. Over time, some Orbinauts could develop comprehensive knowledge of rock types, what they look like and so on (press enter, then deside whether to keep the rock). (also I imagine NASSP and AMSO would love this too). Just a thought, I dont know how difficult this would be to program (DLL reading the config files), but it would be a nice way to include a whole new challenge in orbiter, and an easy way for new developers to contribute

Do we actually have anyone somewhat knowledgeable in geology on the forums?

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
I was just wondering if you could make a generic module

Of course I can, and also much more than that, the only problem is that I've still zillion of "just" to do and my yearly Orbiter dev time will expire in June (no typo), I might be a bit short on the delay. ;)

Yet the html doc is almost finished (but not corrected). I'm happy. I've done a litle prog that convert the Arrow's help text in html doc (with images), so there is only one txt file to correct (or translate for those that are interested to make the doc in their own language)

I'll post the doc online shortly so you can have a look. Yet I'm correcting the Arrow external model, rendering the Captain's VC and doing the dev doc all in same time.

Dan

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Of course I can, and also much more than that, the only problem is that I've still zillion of "just" to do and my yearly Orbiter dev time will expire in June (no typo), I might be a bit short on the delay. ;)

Yet the html doc is almost finished (but not corrected). I'm happy. I've done a litle prog that convert the Arrow's help text in html doc (with images), so there is only one txt file to correct (or translate for those that are interested to make the doc in their own language)

I'll post the doc online shortly so you can have a look. Yet I'm correcting the Arrow external model, rendering the Captain's VC and doing the dev doc all in same time.

Dan

Dev time will expire? Does the computer explode? Or back to you know, "real work" (as if this wasnt difficult enough lol) Thankyou for listening anyways, youve been terrific :thumbup:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
DEV NEWS - ARROW'S DOCUMENTATION

Here, never mind the horrible English it will be corrected:
http://orbiter.dansteph.com/DeleteArrowAlphaDoc/Bin/ArrowHtmlDocumentation.html

The neat part is that this doc is valid both for into the arrow and for html documentation.

One simply need to correct/translate the Arrow's txt file then launch the utility and voilà the html doc with images is ready.

2012Arrow144.jpg

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Dan the new improved Arrow looks incredible,but I noticed there's nothing in the manual about the two new docking ports,or did you decide not to include them?

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Hi Dan the new improved Arrow looks incredible,but I noticed there's nothing in the manual about the two new docking ports,or did you decide not to include them?
Ok,sorry about that Dan my eyes were playing tricks on me my bad,I saw you mention docking the XR5 to one of the new docks ,BTW the manual looks great.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
[/COLOR]Ok,sorry about that Dan my eyes were playing tricks on me my bad,I saw you mention docking the XR5 to one of the new docks ,BTW the manual looks great.

Yep, the doc is deliberately short,13 pages x 21 lines= 300 lines (a bit more for the html). So I don't mention obvious things. Given the panel and display you can't miss the multi-dock.

One things that miss is graphic performance: mentioning the existence of extra hi-res textures on OH and for low end computer maybe the use of half sized tex and disabling some things.

I can add that in a "CONFIG scenario"

2012Arrow145.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Here are all the typos i found, hope this helps

Wow, that's not so much !? (Becomed I sudenly so fluented in english ?)

Thanks but I expected that someone specially hired for that would correct the doc directly in the file so I can continue work on something else instead of copy/pasting things.

It's not time yet, I still change too often the doc.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
the only problem is that I've still zillion of "just" to do and my yearly Orbiter dev time will expire in June (no typo)

Ah, don't I know that... mine theoretically expired in May... :lol:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Ok,sorry about that Dan my eyes were playing tricks on me my bad,I saw you mention docking the XR5 to one of the new docks ,BTW the manual looks great.

marcheenek

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Alright, everyone be quiet, let Dan work and release the Arrow this Tuesday! :)

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Is DGIV-2012 gonna be released the same day with Arrow Freighter 2012?

All addons, OrbiterSound, DGIV, UCGO (With UMmu also updated)

All compatible DX11, DX9, all updated, some with new features (DGIV have now 4 MFD if your screen>1200)

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
All addons, OrbiterSound, DGIV, UCGO (With UMmu also updated)

All compatible DX11, DX9, all updated, some with new features (DGIV have now 4 MFD if your screen>1200)

That's what I call a Patch Day. :lol:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Any word on the project right now? Also, Im about to integrate UCGO for my new vessel addon, already done the UMMU support. Is there anything I should know in terms of the new UCGO update from a programming perspective? (ie new code functions, support for UCGO compiled with the last version?)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Any word on the project right now? Also, Im about to integrate UCGO for my new vessel addon, already done the UMMU support. Is there anything I should know in terms of the new UCGO update from a programming perspective? (ie new code functions, support for UCGO compiled with the last version?)

Everything you will need is a new build with the lastest header and library files.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Everything you will need is a new build with the lastest header and library files.

So, would it make more sense to wait until the update & add the compatibility then? Im not sure whether I should start writing the UCGO code now, or whether the work will just end up wasted when the new UCGO makes it outdated. Ie, is the new UCGO likely to support code written for the previous versions, but will need a quick update of the libraries included in the project?

Rybec

Reaction score
I would imagine Dan's making it fully backwards-compatible, should simply have to re-compile with the new libraries unless you want to use a new feature.

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Dan, when can we expect the release? A month? Is the documentation all that remains?

Also, what financial plans are there for purchasing the Arrow? I'm guessing the price is about 600 Billion USD- give or take a few dollars, right? Is there a payment plan I can take advantage of? If I buy two Datas, can I get one Riker free?
EDIT: That's one Data, and two Rikers...

Seriously, though, I'm looking forward to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.