Any HP fans out there?

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I thought it was, too.

Though Harry Potter is a bit more interesting. At least in the sense that the Pokeman generation(s) have been broken.

It's encouraging seeing kids reading.

thomasantony

Reaction score
Website
www.thomasantony.com
Well .. then what generation am I supposed to be in :) . Sometime ago I was a huge fan of Pokemon .. especially after playing the GBA titles. About that same time itself .. I was a big fan of HP too and a very avid reader. I used to take like around 10-15 fictions from the library .. and read it all in 7-10 days during the holidays. I have read all the first six HP books several times. But the last one only twice ( I read 80% of the book 3 days before release off torrents :D .. couldn't resist. but I restrained myself from reading it fully ) . Now I don't get to read much mainly cuz I am too lazy to go to the library on weekends. But still Pokemon has something about it ... :) .

Its cool that the movie will be split. The HP stories are too long to be fit in one movie. Of course .. even if they made each movie as long as the LOTR ones. . it still wont probably be enough.

I am a BIIIIG Artemis Fowl fan as well .. Waiting for its movie ..

~
Thomas

cjp

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm sure I've spent more time of my life on Hewlett Packards than on Harry Potters. All those paper jams...:p

BTW, I'm writing this using an HP laptop :)

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am typing this, and I fly Orbiter, on an HP laptop, and I place Orbiter above Harry Potter. So I am a Hewlett Packard fan.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I've read all the Harry Potter books, too. I don't think I would have, but the first five were bedtime stories for my daughters.

They're not 'great' literature, but I'm fond of them nonetheless. I'm pretty sure they're going to help keep the readers reading.

Pokeman for me is a metaphor or allegory for manufactured imagination. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I really didn't/don't get this one at all. The kids I was around during the peak of this phenomena were some of the least unimaginative little people I've ever been around. If it wasn't made from plastic and mass produced, they wouldn't play with it.

Watching my youngest do her own 'illustrated' novels based on HP, and the dioramas she makes and plays with are much more impressive. She uses the HP universe as a launching point, but she's not bound by it. Instead she brings in elements from "The Spiderwick Chronicles," "So You Want to Be a Wizard," and "Elfquest," and turns it into something that seems uniquely hers. She's created her own characters that are so delightful, I've lifted their names and incorporated them into my own stories. For example, Ruby Scotland and Antonio Chang, and their adventures beyond the local orbit.

I'm hoping this will be the generation that tosses "reality tv" out, too. Bottom line entertainment sucks. Who knows, maybe we'll see some decent literature come out of this batch sometime in the next two decades.