Update Antares 2.0 coming soon!

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Your astronauts look a bit strange in space, because they stand upright stiff in attention, but in micro-gravity, humans assume a different neutral posture:

That's a common problem with UMMU. Until Dansteph adds an option to have separate mesh for microgravity, the posture will have to be a compromise. But it looks too "stiff" in my oppinion too.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
That's a common problem with UMMU. Until Dansteph adds an option to have separate mesh for microgravity, the posture will have to be a compromise. But it looks too "stiff" in my oppinion too.

well, the default mesh is a good compromise, but it could be better to have a really accurate micro-gravity mesh for the EVA.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
well, the default mesh is a good compromise, but it could be better to have a really accurate micro-gravity mesh for the EVA.

Or just an option to add a special "microgravity-mesh" that gets loaded when you spawn a UMMU that's in freefall, similar to the no-suit mesh that's loaded with [Shift+X].

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions.. we will take them in account for upgrades in the future!

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Important notice:

We are sorry, but Antares 2.0 release date has been moved to Saturday, February 26, due to technical problems.

we hope you will be patience!

However, we will give you a surprise soon!:thumbup:

Last edited:

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Jarvis 2.0 is relased!

[ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4527"]Jarvis Heavy Launch Vehicle 2.0[/ame]

this is the first step before Antares 2.0 release

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
boby_nadeau: please read:

Important notice:

We are sorry, but Antares 2.0 release date has been moved to Saturday, February 26, due to technical problems.

we hope you will be patience!

However, we will give you a surprise soon!:thumbup:

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
For some reason, just around 300 sec after liftoff, the vehicle just starts pitching forward and continues to go end over end. It happened with the last Antares release also. Any ideas?

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Yes, we noticed that problem..that's an autopilot little bug.. however we found a way to fix it, and it's fixed in Antares launches, too! :thumbup:

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, we noticed that problem..that's an autopilot little bug.. however we found a way to fix it, and it's fixed in Antares launches, too! :thumbup:

I just downloaded the add-on last night right before I posted here and that's when I noticed it. Is there anything I can do to fix it, or should I just wait for the Antares release?

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
The problem is related to low FPS. If you really want to fix that problem, try to launch Orbiter in window mode.
You need the FPS to be over 35 at least.. you can verify it by hitting the "f" key (possibly when the simulation is paused)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Playing at a lower resolution in fullscreen can really boost your FPS, too. If you use Vista or 7, Vistaboost (from Altea Aerospace) can help a lot as well.