AeroBrakeMFD aerobrake mfd for orbiter 2010?

Rach

Reaction score
Yes, the longitude is correct in MapMfd, SurfaceMFD and in the scneditor. And AeorbreakMFD read correctly the position of the olympus base but not YOUR position.

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what the co-ordinates of the vessel is, relative to Earth. Perhaps this may be the source of the error.

Out of curiosity, does this bug manifest on other atmospheric bodies, such as Venus? I'd test it myself, but I haven't downloaded 2010 yet (bad interwebs and what-not).

Hasso

Reaction score
It seems to be that the margin of error is exactly 2.391° to the east wherever you are on mars. BasesyncMFD v2.1 shows the same mismatch.

Readings from Surface- und Map-MFD are right accordingly to ScenarioEditor.
Just tested that by defining Bases at Lat/Lon 0°/0° on several bodys.

Mismatch on Venus is between 107e-6° and 108e-6° east, and mismatch on earth switches between 76e-6° and 200e-6°

Unfortunately it's impossible to test aerobrake in a landed vessel on airless bodys since Orbiter2010 because of CTD when opening the MFD.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It seems to be that the margin of error is exactly 2.391° to the east wherever you are on mars. BasesyncMFD v2.1 shows the same mismatch.
Yes, there is an API compatibility problem that is causing the offset in longitude. The problem will apply atleast BaseSyncMFD and IMFD. The problem can be fixed by code modifications and that's probably the best course of action. Every program that is using oapiGetPlanetTheta() to compute a planet orientation may suffer about this problem. Programs should rely on oapiGetPlanetObliquityMatrix() instead.

Last edited:

Hasso

Reaction score
@jarmonik

Thank you very much for that clear statement.
That explains why the reentrypath in my mars-test-expedition goes a little more to the west as expected.

Anybody here, who can confirm that there is a little mismatch on moon (little more than 4km at equator) caused of same reason?
That there isn't a mismatch (or at least minimal) on earth?

Is it a "result" of the new "feature" discussed here http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8185 ?

Edit:
And, important for me, is the mismatch constant of body or will it vary by time?

Last edited:

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have released a new versions of BaseSyncMFD and IMFD. New versions should no longer suffer from the longitude offset issue. I haven't had time to test them, so, I would be happy if some one could test and confirm if they work properly.

Anybody here, who can confirm that there is a little mismatch on moon (little more than 4km at equator) caused of same reason?
Yes.
That there isn't a mismatch (or at least minimal) on earth?
The Earth is also effected. I don't know which precession parameter will effect in the magnitude of the error and it's not important at a moment.

Is it a "result" of the new "feature" discussed here http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8185 ?
No, not really. Planet axis precession support didn't cause it. It's not a side product. I suppose this could be more like an implementation error in addons rather than in the Orbiter itself.

And, important for me, is the mismatch constant of body or will it vary by time?
Yes, it will change in time with different rate in a different planets. It could be something like 0.0001 deg / year

Last edited:

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
i think it may be crashing due to some "division by zero" error... i assume it wasn't made for landing without atmoosphere...

i use BaseSync for that... works just fine in 2010 too:thumbup:

Or you may edit moon to add a 1 meter high atmosphere...

Hasso

Reaction score
I have released a new versions of BaseSyncMFD and IMFD. New versions should no longer suffer from the longitude offset issue. I haven't had time to test them, so, I would be happy if some one could test and confirm if they work properly.

Thank You very much again for that quick response
And there is a solution too!

Here we go:

The new IMFD54 in ORBITER2010 at mars

1. Undocked and Burn-Setup
2. Upcoming Olympus
3. Damned! That's what i call precision!

Attachments

• 10.06.16 23-13-57 GL-01.jpg
    10.06.16 23-13-57 GL-01.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 10.06.16 23-24-04 GL-01.jpg
    10.06.16 23-24-04 GL-01.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 10.06.16 23-24-21 GL-01.jpg
    10.06.16 23-24-21 GL-01.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: