AeroBrakeMFD aerobrake mfd for orbiter 2010?

zeldafan156

Reaction score
i cant seem to find the aerobraking mfd anywhere after the relese of 2010. is it not compatible or unnecessary? how do i know where i am going to end up with my current bank and stuff without a aerobraking mfd? thanks.

FSXHD

Heterotroph
Donator
Reaction score
The 2006 version works just fine.

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I think you're looking for this: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2139"]AeroBrakeMFD[/ame].

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
It works even better now since the atmosphere is defined up to 2500km, which means that the MFD no longer has to "guesstimate" drag when orbiting above the 2006-P1 atmosphere cutoff.

mc_

Reaction score
Discovered this MFD just a few weeks ago. Tried in Orbiter 2006 and 2010, works perfectly. The only bug is a CTD when planet have no atmosfere (in 2010, not tried in 2006).

Hasso

Reaction score
Discovered this MFD just a few weeks ago. Tried in Orbiter 2006 and 2010, works perfectly. The only bug is a CTD when planet have no atmosfere (in 2010, not tried in 2006).

Landed DGIV at moon Ummu-Base for an uap-test in orbiter2010 just yesterday in the evening.
Three green, smooth landing. No Problem at all.

Aerobrake is always installed and activated on my system. Nearly the most important mfd for me.

Maybe that was because i simply not used the aerobrake for that approach. Imfd, Basesync and standard-mfds are your friends when approaching an airless body

Hasso

Reaction score
@mc_

Confirmed
Tried same Approach again with a scenario just after deorbit-burn.
CTD with open aerobrake-mfd shortly before touchdown.
Happy landing without open aerobrake-mfd.

No idea. Maybe aerobrake expect another orbit (go around)?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Aerobrake can be used over the Moon to set up your landing point of touchdown.

Just make sure you deactivate it before landing, and you should be fine. I've used before for this purpose.

Rach

Reaction score
AerobrakeMFD give an incorrect position of yor vessel in the mars surface. (orbiter 2010). You can compare with the position coordenades of the SurfaceMFD. If you use aerobrakeMFD to reentry and land in olympus base you will go to another site. (in orbiter 2006 the position is correct)

No problem in earth!

Anybody can confirm this problem with mars?

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i think it may be crashing due to some "division by zero" error... i assume it wasn't made for landing without atmoosphere...

i use BaseSync for that... works just fine in 2010 too:thumbup:

zeldafan156

Reaction score
AerobrakeMFD give an incorrect position of yor vessel in the mars surface. (orbiter 2010). You can compare with the position coordenades of the SurfaceMFD. If you use aerobrakeMFD to reentry and land in olympus base you will go to another site. (in orbiter 2006 the position is correct)

No problem in earth!

Anybody can confirm this problem with mars?
ya i just did this five seconds ago. it doesnt give an incorrect position for me, it just lands me somewhere els...

Rach

Reaction score
The position in MARS is not correct for me.
Orbiter 2010 fresh install (only areobrakeMFD). Load the scenery "Checklists/Mission 1 - DG to ISS". Press F3 and select Gl-02 vessel that is land in olympus base in Mars. Open aerobrakeMFD, select target "olympus" and voila! Yo can read in the target dist 137.98 k (137 KM!!!). And the readout of the land position is diferent of your real position (your real position is 135.43ºW and 12.73ºN but aerobrakeMFD shows 133.03W 12.73ºN). Its obvious that is a problem with the longitude.

When I reentry with precision following aerobrake indications my landing site is exactly 137 Km out of Olympus base (its a long distance to go in feet)!

PD: in orbiter 2006 all the coordenades are corrects! (ONLY in 2010 and ONLY in mars, for now)
PD: sorry for my english... spanish man :cheers:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The position in MARS is not correct for me.
Orbiter 2010 fresh install (only areobrakeMFD). Load the scenery "Checklists/Mission 1 - DG to ISS". Press F3 and select Gl-02 vessel that is land in olympus base in Mars. Open aerobrakeMFD, select target "olympus" and voila! Yo can read in the target dist 137.98 k (137 KM!!!). And the readout of the land position is diferent of your real position (your real position is 135.43ºW and 12.73ºN but aerobrakeMFD shows 133.03W 12.73ºN). Its obvious that is a problem with the longitude.

When I reentry with precision following aerobrake indications my landing site is exactly 137 Km out of Olympus base (its a long distance to go in feet)!

PD: in orbiter 2006 all the coordenades are corrects! (ONLY in 2010 and ONLY in mars, for now)
PD: sorry for my english... spanish man :cheers:
Interesting...does the longitude appear correctly in other MFDs, like Surface and Map?

What about the Scenario Editor?