adding a plane

Dreamer

Reaction score
I wanted to know if I can add my own model to orbiter, it's a big file but in the future i might make a low res model so my computer can handle it

dreamer

Attachments

• B243d4.JPG
    B243d4.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 30

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Would be the first ugly Lancaster in orbiter, but a good idea. :)

Of course you can do that. Orbiter can handle quite large files, but you should not exceed 30000 polys currently.

EDIT: OK, no Lancaster, just a B-24 Liberator. But they do look similar from below!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How much do you know about flight dynamics?

Dreamer

Reaction score
Not much hoping there was a manual on the subject. i should also be more specific, I want to make other craft for my orbiter but that will be able to use particle smoke
What good would it be without smoke or for that matter gears retracting, propellers turning that kind of thing. I thinki would have to animate the gear, prop, etc right?

dreamer

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
right. also you need some basic understanding of how to describe aerodynamics. Physics text books and lectures are your friends. ;)

It would be possible writing a "Spacecraft design for dummies" pdf, but: Making spacecraft is different enough to aircraft or spaceplanes, that you would need new pdfs for each of them.

If you can't write DLLs, you need to work with spacecraft3.dll. Making DLLs on the other hand is not too hard... you could take Kev33s aircraft DLLs as base and learn modifying one for your B-24.

Will you also make the bomb bay? ;)