Add-ons working in Orbiter 2010 & 2010-P1

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
I very much appreciate the List. Just a thought, maybe re-arrainge in alphabetical order as its beginning to get longer now.

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
vonbraun's [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2835"]Phoenix 2.0[/ame] seems to work all right. The only problem is the WarpdriveMFDPhoenix.dll isn't compatible with 2010. This MFD allows the spacecraft (or any other addon) to go to warp speed (max. warp is 1.6).

Kendo

Reaction score
David413. Did you see my earlier post regarding an apology ?. Also, I have downloaded Mike Normans AutoFCS with a modified Atlantis.dll to work with the default Atlantis ( for 2006 ) The reason for CTD,s is because there is not a MG_Atlantis.dll in 2010 ). So I copied one over from 2006. Also there is a CCP file in his Docs, but a little way down the list, regarding meshes, I believe it should read ("Atlantis\\Atlantis"); and not ("Atlantis"); I don,t know if you need this or not. I got to land at ZZA with your modified Endeavour TAL to ZZA scenario (replaced it with Atlantis). Also in the Vessels folder is an Atlantis config, you will need to change the Module = Atlantis to Module = MG_Atlantis. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
David413. Did you see my earlier post regarding an apology ?. Also, I have downloaded Mike Normans AutoFCS with a modified Atlantis.dll to work with the default Atlantis ( for 2006 ) The reason for CTD,s is because there is not a MG_Atlantis.dll in 2010 ). So I copied one over from 2006. Also there is a CCP file in his Docs, but a little way down the list, regarding meshes, I believe it should read ("Atlantis\\Atlantis"); and not ("Atlantis"); I don,t know if you need this or not. I got to land at ZZA with your modified Endeavour TAL to ZZA scenario (replaced it with Atlantis). Also in the Vessels folder is an Atlantis config, you will need to change the Module = Atlantis to Module = MG_Atlantis. Hope this helps.

None of this helps the situation. The changes to Atlantis that need to be made (the C++ file in his docs) are the same changes that are made in the shuttle fleet. Are you saying you flew the TAL to ZZA scenario in Orbiter 2010 with the AutoFCS? If you mean you changed the scenario in Orbiter 2006 and replaced Endeavour with Atlantis, that doesn't really help. That should work as the modified Mike Norman Atlantis has the same aerodynamics as a Shuttle Fleet vehicle. Without the source code for the AutoFCS module (which is not released by Mike) I cannot do anything else.

cinder1992

Random failhurricane.
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
cinder1992.blogspot.com
NAVSET MFD is working in 2010, although it puts up an error (on the mfd, not in an error box), it works.

Kendo

Reaction score
David413 said "Are you saying you flew the TAL to ZZA scenario in Orbiter 2010 with the AutoFCS?" . Yes I did, I replaced your Shuttle with the default Atlantis in the scenario. It seems the default 2010 Atlantis is more stable then the one in AutoFCS for some reason. But they both seem to fly a fair way further than yours past the landing strip, but turn back round and land. One thing, they both don,t like time acceleation above 10x.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
David413 said "Are you saying you flew the TAL to ZZA scenario in Orbiter 2010 with the AutoFCS?" . Yes I did, I replaced your Shuttle with the default Atlantis in the scenario. It seems the default 2010 Atlantis is more stable then the one in AutoFCS for some reason. But they both seem to fly a fair way further than yours past the landing strip, but turn back round and land. One thing, they both don,t like time acceleation above 10x.

Please post the scenario you used. I would like to try and duplicate this. Also, how did you select ZZA in AutoFCS? Did you actually load the shuttle fleet package over Orbiter 2010?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

You know, I'm finding it hard to believe that you could just substitute the default shuttle for Endeavour. How did you do this? The TAL to ZZA scenario requires a shuttle fleet vehicle with an engine out to occur. How did you launch the Atlantis, or did you just import a saved state from a 2006 version into a 2010 version, rename the shuttle to Atlantis and fly from there? Please explain exactly how you setup the scenario you used, and post that scenario please. You didn't by chance just run the playback TAL scenario did you? This isn't making any sense.

Rach

Reaction score
AerobrakeMFD compatibility problems!

AerobrakeMFD give an incorrect position of yor vessel in the mars surface. (orbiter 2010). If you use aerobrakeMFD to reentry and land in olympus base you will go to another site.

No problem in earth!

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
AerobrakeMFD compatibility problems!

AerobrakeMFD give an incorrect position of yor vessel in the mars surface. (orbiter 2010). If you use aerobrakeMFD to reentry and land in olympus base you will go to another site.

No problem in earth!

Thanks, I will add it to the list ;)

EDIT:
actually removed it from the list... ;)

Last edited:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
From the title of the link he provided it sounds like he wants to fly you, David413 ;)

Kendo

Reaction score
David413, I am not doing so well with the TAL to ZZA. But I have landed at Edwards with your Columbia Final pass with the Atlantis. I used the Default Atlantis with 2010. It does go a little further past the landing site than it should, but it does finaly land. Yes I have installed your Shuttle fleet just to get the nescessary bits I need. ( Also I,m having fun landing your Shuttle without landing gear. lol ). So yes it does work in a way, but as I said, I,m not an expert with scenarios.

Try replacing this with your STS-1. and put STS-101 in the BEGIN FOCUS and BEGIN CAMERA bit

BEGIN_SHIPS
STS-101:Atlantis
STATUS Orbiting Earth
ELEMENTS 6644408.81648785 0.00091900 52.51478344 229.76455876 145.82099579 257.57039579 44708.42585921
AROT -21.18 35.50 40.30
VROT -0.00 0.07 0.00
PRPLEVEL 0:0.843
NAVFREQ 0 0
CONFIGURATION 3
CARGODOOR 0 0.0000
GEAR 0 0.0000
END
END_SHIPS

Also just landed at Canaveral with your Atlantis on orbit scenario replacing your Shuttle with the Default Atlantis. ( I was impressed with this one ).
It appears that the landing gear comes down automatically.....
Using the default Atlantis, we don,t need the MG_Atlantis from 2006.

Last edited:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
My apologies to Kendo; I have managed to get a modified 2010 Atlantis to work with AutoFCS. I have a few more tweaks to make and I will release a "Shuttle Fleet - Lite" addon in the next few days. I still have some testing to do, and I still want a few more "Fleet" features added to the default Atlantis, but once I have time to finish that, I think I can provide an Atlantis that will (hopefully) satisfy some of the Fleet users with 2010 for the time being. Don't expect too much beyond the basic shuttle, but I should be able to supply a few of the more basic Fleet items.

Last edited:

Screamer

Reaction score
Hard at work

My apologies to Kendo; I have managed to get a modified 2010 Atlantis to work with AutoFCS. I have a few more tweaks to make and I will release a "Shuttle Fleet - Lite" addon in the next few days. I still have some testing to do, and I still want a few more "Fleet" features added to the default Atlantis, but once I have time to finish that, I think I can provide an Atlantis that will (hopefully) satisfy some of the Fleet users with 2010 for the time being. Don't expect too much beyond the basic shuttle, but I should be able to supply a few of the more basic Fleet items.

It looks like Martin give some people a lot of work to do!!! But without the add-on developers, this simulator would soon be very boring. Keep up the good work gentleman. :thumbup:
And this bring me to another question:
Why do all this add-on dev. spend a lot of time to make add-ons for Orbiter?
Since they are all "freeware" there is no money involved.
Is it the satisfaction to create something wonderful and share it with other people? :)