Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi again,
please test the new Version.

New in 0.98:
- Explosion effects added
- New smoketrail
- more realistic range (range has been reduced a bit)
- Speed is dependig on the target speed, and not longer limited to 1100 m/s
- The MFD has been reworked
o Heading of the targets is shown now
o Zoom is displayed
o some other changes
- Some bugs has been fixed

In the next Version, i plan to add a "Red flag" - mode, but what are your ideas about that?

I think about the Orbiter Multiplayer Projekt.

So one idea i have is, that alway one player is the hunter.
If he hit a player, the new player would be the hunter.
If you are the Hunter, you lose Point for each minute etc.
If you are hunted, you got points for each minutes.

If you were hit, your vessel would not deleted, but you got a message in your HUD that you were hit. (The missile would be deleted of course).

Is it possible to have such thinks for the orbiter multiplayer projekt?
Should this add on be activated on the server?
I have no idea how it works, i never connected :-(

If you have more ideas, please post it!

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

New version works A-OK! :thumbup:

Good bug-hunting Topper......

After all that, do the missiles delete the vessel on impact? I don't think they do, but then my launching skills are... err... shall we say a little eratic... :lol:

Missile trails are cool. It's actually one of my fave things about Orbiter, its smoke effects, and this addon makes good use of it.

Please activate the checkbox for "limited fuel" in the Orbiter Launchpad, because the missile is to heavy if the fuel is full loaded.

Last edited:

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
Interesting idea to be able to play "tag" with the missile - for functionality and coding you have to contact Face (who codes the thing) however.

Currently to add custom objects to the multiplayer server the player has to manually register his ships and weapons - so using the missiles online are purely for personal amusement until Face gives us the auto-add custom object function. Since by the time the missile is registered as a "viewable" object on other computers, it probably has hit already. We might however currently still be able to use your missiles as an ABM (antiballistic) weapon if we can detect far enough and fire the missile very early at a fast closing object.

I'm currently using missileMFD as a sensor tool, so to say, as firing live AMRAAMs at other people would try to signal the client to "delete" the target and thus trigger a CTD on myself.

Red Flag v0.1 could merely be the "missile does not delete target" and doesn't create any explosion events (explosions etc also crash the present, basic netcode) but allows people to shoot stuff for fun :3

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Red Flag v0.1 could merely be the "missile does not delete target" and doesn't create any explosion events (explosions etc also crash the present, basic netcode) but allows people to shoot stuff for fun :3

Hi,
the "explosion" is nothing more than a particle strem so i think this would work, but of course, the deletion of the target should be deactivated.
But the deletion of the missile will work, if no user have the focus on it, right?

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
I say again, disable the explosion on impact, I had personally tested a whole arsenal of ICBMs and SRBMs online and they don't play well with the netcode if they even call for a particle stream on event (impact).

We can use our imagination to say, practise rounds fired, which don't have warheads :3

izacy

Reaction score
Missile config

How would I go about changing the range (Fuel)?

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
How would I go about changing the range (Fuel)?
Currently, you need to change the source code and you have to compile a new dll.
But if you increase the mass by adding more fuel, it's possible that the hit rate will decrease on low distances.

Last edited:

DG IV

Reaction score
How can you make this compatable with the delta glider 4 and the xr2:hmm::huh::shrug:

Columbia42

Reaction score
Open the missile attachments file in the Config/MissileAttachment directory and add these lines to it:

Code:
BEGIN_XR2Ravenstar
   AIM120_1_POS  -5.7 -0.5 -3
   AIM120_2_POS  5.7 -0.5 -3
   AIM120_3_POS -6.3 -0.4 -3
   AIM120_4_POS  6.3 -0.4 -3
END_XR2Ravenstar

for XR2 and

Code:
BEGIN_DeltagliderIV
   AIM120_1_POS  -5.7 -0.95 -3
   AIM120_2_POS  5.7 -0.95 -3
   AIM120_3_POS -6.3 -0.85 -3
   AIM120_4_POS  6.3 -0.85 -3
END_DeltagliderIV

for DGIV

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hum ... The AMRAAM engine smoke stay too long ... They should stay 1 to 3 seconds maximum ...
But it is a very quite cool addon ! For the DGIV, Contrary to delete the vessel, you can explode it (like when it crashes into the ground ;) )