$800, Home Made, Motion Simulator Cockpit

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh...in that case, I guess it's because they can.

Also, I think TrackIR is an incredible ripoff as well. Such a thing is possible for, at most, $50 USD, using free software (FreeTrack), a Wii remote, cheap DIY tracking clip, and Bluetooth adapter. I'm actually very surprised that this guy built that whole thing, and yet, just bought a TrackIR.
I think he either didn't know about it, or ran out of Coffee. :coffee:
Thank you very much for mentioning FreeTrack! Now I can see if I can get this thing to work with Orbiter. :) I have the parts in my junk box, might as well put it to good use. :lol:

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thank you very much for mentioning FreeTrack! Now I can see if I can get this thing to work with Orbiter. :) I have the parts in my junk box, might as well put it to good use. :lol:
It works!!! :lol: I tested it out with my un-modified Microsoft VX-3000 Webcam and used a single point yellow LED configuration and duct taped it to the top of my headset. It's just AWESOME, especially when your flying in Coolhand's kickass XR-2 virtual cockpit!:speakcool: Now I'm in the process of making a 3-point clip. :)

Turbinator

Reaction score
I can't get it to work in Orbiter, and I enabled the TrackIR module in the Orbiters module list. However, it works fine in FSX. I used my webcam with a spare floppy disk as the IR pass filter and my remote as the IR LED.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
How bout one of these with two data gloves and a vr headset? that is what I call fun. :)

Darren