2014 World Cup

thor36

Reaction score
I think Germany has good chances against Brazil, regardless of Neymar & Thiago Silva absence. Germany shows a lot of discipline in their game ( they always had ), but this time they have more quality too :thumbup:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Argentina again escapes (well to their credit Higuain and their defence line is playing better today).....because Belgium again fails to convert their attack force into goals for the 5th match in a row. :facepalm:

Anyone fancying Costa Rica to continue their legend today? :p (not me - the Oranje is just too strong in counter-attack)

sorindafabico

Reaction score
It's weird to say this, but Neymar's injury can be a blessing. The other players will lose a lot of pressure over their shoulders (and they have A LOT of pressure for not being new [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moacir_Barbosa_Nascimento"]Barbosas[/ame]), since an eventual fail can be credited to what happened to him - the team lost its technical reference and only superstar.

Also, Scolari is known here for winning important cups against the odds (usually in playoff format) with discredited and/or obscure players. Let's see if Neymar is so crucial to the current generation of brazilian footballers.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
After the injury of Neymar I have re-think about the Brazil vs Germany match, and came to the conclusion that it actually has INCREASED the chance of Brazil winning the ticket to Rio. Not only there's the psychological factor that have released some of the team's pressure (if they lose, they can pull out the Neymar injured card, and their morale could be higher in the name of winning the World Cup for their teammate), I actually believe that they may be playing better (or at least in a way not that well prepared by the Germans) by re-shuffling the offensive force (e.g. playing FC Chelsea's Oscar and Willian up front - could be working better than Neymar crossing the ball to the unusable Fred or Jo), and the suspension of Thiago Silva is easily dealt with by putting Bayern Munich's Dante in.

That said.......I still believe that the Brazilians don't have enough skill to pick through the stubborn German midfield, and if substitutions are made to the starting 11 (maybe removing Ozil for Podolski or even Klose) then I think they would be at least on par with the Brazilians.

So I'm sticking to my prediction that Germany will ultimately go through, but instead of finishing up inside 90 minutes I will say that this match will end in 2:2 and with no goals in extra time, then Germany wins on penalties. ;)

fort

Reaction score
According to the latest information, Brazil could score goals; Germany also. It seems that we will know a little more when the match will be finished.:cheers:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
According to the latest information, Brazil could score goals; Germany also. It seems that we will know a little more when the match will be finished.:cheers:

It will also be the match of the fairest team against the most unfair team in the world cup.

But since Luiz Gustavo plays today, we can expect some better performance of Brazil.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
That didn't take long. Goal for Germany!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

This is getting ugly for Brazil.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Thats.... surprising.

fort

Reaction score
That didn't take long. Goal for Germany!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

This is getting ugly for Brazil.

goal +goal + goal +goal :facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And that after just 25 minutes ...

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
What the...? I left 5 mins ago to get beers from the store across the street and missed 3 goals? :blink:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
oh
my
God!
!!!!!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer