but let's see...

pluna+crj+900.jpg

+

gboag_home.jpg

216160main_iss016e006327feature.jpg

=

user1303_pic5843_1316456228.jpg

so well, there's that :rolleyes:

now, favourite lightweight which i personally have flown (hands-on, not just as a passenger):
0386675.jpg

handles like you wouldn't believe, and the bubble canopy makes for quite a view - but few things are as remarkable as when you put out that engine mid-flight and go on as if you had always belonged up there :thumbup:

as for brawlin' birds, all-time favourite (which thanks to DCS, i'm now "virtually" qualified to fly)

3400132808_f091993e1f.jpg

the hog!

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Eh my favorite combat plane that I'm "virtually qualified" for is the F-15C.:lol:

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
Flown on the 747 during my long treks across the Pacific. That is indeed the definition of "Queen of the Skies".

Also a Concorde fan and seen her twice, once when she visited in the Philippines in the 70's and another time when she visited here in San Diego too. That time was sometime in the 80's when she actually flew in and out of Brown Field, which is a somewhat smaller runway than Lindberg Field. Flew her virtually too and is something to fly just going from place to place at supersonic speeds. Sad to see her retire without even so much as a replacement for her.

For the private general aviation side. I'll nominate the Beechcraft Starship. Never flew on the Starship, but I sure love to virtually fly her(FS9). It indeed is a great design courtesy of Burt Rutan.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
C-47_T9_Southern_Cross_by_DSimonsen-softedge-home.JPG

So often overlooked, the C-47 played such a crucial role...

This isn't a plane, but...the UH-1 Iroquois has to be my favourite flying contraption of all time
uh1-003.jpg

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
You do realise that helicopters don't fly, right? They're so ugly that the ground repels them, and even then they have to beat the air into submission!

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
you wan't me to pick ONE favourite?? :uhh:

just one?.... that's kinda tough...

but let's see...
pluna+crj+900.jpg

+
gboag_home.jpg

216160main_iss016e006327feature.jpg

=
user1303_pic5843_1316456228.jpg

so well, there's that :rolleyes:

now, favourite lightweight which i personally have flown (hands-on, not just as a passenger):
0386675.jpg

handles like you wouldn't believe, and the bubble canopy makes for quite a view - but few things are as remarkable as when you put out that engine mid-flight and go on as if you had always belonged up there :thumbup:

as for brawlin' birds, all-time favourite (which thanks to DCS, i'm now "virtually" qualified to fly)
3400132808_f091993e1f.jpg

the hog!

I hope you realize that three of those are not Passenger aircraft and one is a flying brick :)

:edit: And i need to read the post twice before posting...

Last edited:

Spaced

Reaction score
If we're throwing warbirds into the mix, I'd like to show my hand for the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Sea_Vixen"]de Havilland Sea Vixen[/ame]

765.jpg

sea-vixen.JPG

She's a misunderstood bird with marmite looks. The asymmetrical cockpit layout doesn't help her appearance. But I love her.

Also thought she looked gorgeous dressed in Red Bull livery.

dehavilland-de-110-sea-vixen-faw2.jpg
sea_vixen-00004.jpg

Shootingiron

Delay forever, or not at all.
Reaction score
I've always been partial to the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Otter"]Twin Otter[/ame], an iconic Canadian airplane, first flew in '64 ... and they are still producing them! :)

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
For me, I love a good 737 - in fact, my username has '7378' in it to represent the 737-800. I think my all time favourite commercial plane that I have had the pleasure of flying in is the DHC-6 seaplane (Maldivian Air Taxi and Trans Maldivian):

1DAWF00Z.jpg