You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Kinda on topic... They say that if you play a Windows DVD backwards, you can hear satanic noises. But that's nothing. If you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Chunkboi

Reaction score
Kindly remind him that the F-16 happens to be called (unofficially) "Viper" by its pilots since, hunh, forever? :)

Having flown it in a desktop computer simulator and a full-motion rotation simulator...

I really don't like the 16. It's VERY unforgiving. It's got a good ordinance load and avionics but trying to maneuver and dogfight...I find I'm more likely to plaster myself into the ground trying to follow a bogey. I'm more partial to the 18e. Mach, and it responds a bit more to the stack...so when I see the altimeter drop I can twitch the ailerons and get more control.

Although the 22...uh...owie. According to the simulator, I'd end up eating my own lunch three times before I ended up dead from oxygen deprivation to the brain while my blood and half my internal organs shared space in my feet. Seriously, if offered the chance to fly the raptor, I'd demand extended flight training to handle that plane and handle it well...I don't want it killing me.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Having flown it in a desktop computer simulator and a full-motion rotation simulator...

I really don't like the 16. It's VERY unforgiving. It's got a good ordinance load and avionics but trying to maneuver and dogfight...I find I'm more likely to plaster myself into the ground trying to follow a bogey. I'm more partial to the 18e. Mach, and it responds a bit more to the stack...so when I see the altimeter drop I can twitch the ailerons and get more control.

Although the 22...uh...owie. According to the simulator, I'd end up eating my own lunch three times before I ended up dead from oxygen deprivation to the brain while my blood and half my internal organs shared space in my feet. Seriously, if offered the chance to fly the raptor, I'd demand extended flight training to handle that plane and handle it well...I don't want it killing me.

The Raptor has computers that stop the pilot from being a dumbass and crashing into some poor lady's garden...kinda like traction control on a car...then of course, there's Jeremy Clarksons of aviation as well...

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
You suggest to women that they disable their bump-maps to mitigate cellulite.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You suggest to women that they disable their bump-maps to mitigate cellulite.

That's not even necessarily Orbiter-related.

You know you're addicted to Orbiter when... you make vessel add-ons for it. (I know, that was plain)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:lol: Its a shame we don't have the song

LOL yes it is. I don't even remember the lyrics, but if it comes back to me, I'll share it in Random Comments.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay, I think I had my ultimate addiction moment (I would call it rock bottom, but its not really bad :lol:)

When you suddenly realize that you log onto the Orbiter Forums more often than facebook!
And, you dont really care!!!

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

you know you're addicted when you make like 5 different Orbiter installs to keep the base program clean of CTD mischief,
I have a Shuttle Orbiter,
'Fun' Orbiter (UCGO-)
and Apollo Version, amongst other 'themed' installs

that I do as well, but I realized how addicted I was when my main install passed 4.5 GB-And I make backups of the thing! Funny how Orbiter really destroyed all interest in playing video games for me (unless you count orbiter)

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
When you suddenly realize that you log onto the Orbiter Forums more often than Facebook! And, you dont really care!

Welcome to the clan... ;)

I had an addiction moment today. A skein of geese swooped round over my head to land into the wind on a lake - my first thought was "Ah, cool, they're doing the HAC!".......

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Welcome to the clan... ;)

I had an addiction moment today. A skein of geese swooped round over my head to land into the wind on a lake - my first thought was "Ah, cool, they're doing the HAC!".......

Something something Top Gun reference...

NTpspE

Reaction score
When you see a job post for a "Rough terrain FTL operator" and think about how difficult that must be, travelling through an asteroid belt at FTL...

szpw

Reaction score
When you and your friend launch a space race to see who can get to each planet in the solar system first, starting with Mars. Definitely funner then any other kind of game involving competition

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You see the call letters for a news station in Southern Mississippi and you immediately think of liquid oxygen. (WLOX 13 News)

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
When your microwave reads P-60 (power level 60%) and you immediately think Program 60 from the Apollo computer

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
When you use "Orbiter!" as the definitive answer to your Security Question, "What is your favorite simulator?" . . .