Project XR3 Phoenix (WIP)

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that the XR5 would only take up a bit of the back section when superimposed on the XR7?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that the XR5 would only take up a bit of the back section when superimposed on the XR7?

Actually it's not that big. However more info on XR7 will be provided when I seriously get to it.

xr7-5.jpg

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Hmmm... One of the little eye candy bits of the XR2 that I love is the 3D exhaust textures on all the thrusters. Any chance that you can do that with the XR3?

And if you can put a faint glow at the back of the Scramjet exhaust, this would be my reaction:
NZFYpJ1.gif

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It will be released the same day it is finished.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Gear animation done.

working-gear.jpg

---------- Post added 11-17-13 at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-16-13 at 11:51 PM ----------

Along with retros, radiators and cargo bay :D

other_animations.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

crew access and scram door:

allopen.jpg

Kendo

Reaction score
Luru, (on you last piccy in the screenshot section) Just noticed the bump map on the rear outer upright fin (nearest the camera) is showing the wrong lighting angle.. There is a way round it (if using An8) If its a separate item, in this case, rotate the main fin texture 180% and save, and re-map the fin and then rotate the box 180% so it looks correct, and save, that should correct the lighting. You will of course have to rotate the bump map also. In effect this turns the lighting angle 180% so the bump map looks right.

I,ve just thought, presumably you are using normal maps and not bump maps, I would think you can leave it as it is and just change the lighting angle on you normal map instead, make it easier for you.
Please don,t shout at me, I want you to get it right that,s all.

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Hmm - kinda Hawaii tone :p

(on you last piccy in the screenshot section) Just noticed the bump map on the rear outer upright fin (nearest the camera) is showing the wrong lighting angle.. There is a way round it (if using An8) If its a separate item, in this case, rotate the main fin texture 180% and save, and re-map the fin and then rotate the box 180% so it looks correct, and save, that should correct the lighting. You will of course have to rotate the bump map also. In effect this turns the lighting angle 180% so the bump map looks right.

I,ve just thought, presumably you are using normal maps and not bump maps, I would think you can leave it as it is and just change the lighting angle on you normal map instead, make it easier for you.
Please don,t shout at me, I want you to get it right that,s all.

For now I'm using bump maps instead of normals - I have much better control over them and I'll be fixing this issue while working on the texture. I need to finish animations and thruster placements so I can ship mesh to coding.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I need to finish animations and thruster placements so I can ship mesh to coding.

Will you be shipping via XR or UCGO.?? :lol:

The more I see of this vessel, the more I like her. I'm really looking forward to this project being presented to the community.
The XR7, I'd have kept that under the dust sheet myself, but there's nothing like the shape of things to come. :)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There's a lot of things on the burners... I'm joyously anticipating the -3 for sure.

I got a sleepy-eyed image of the -7 being a passenger liner, had a fleeting image of is dressed up in British Airways livery (looked cool).

Is the Starchaser still in the works?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just alittle knit-pick. Would you consider ribbing the baydoors alittle, to give them some strength? JMHO

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There's a lot of things on the burners... I'm joyously anticipating the -3 for sure.

I got a sleepy-eyed image of the -7 being a passenger liner, had a fleeting image of is dressed up in British Airways livery (looked cool).

Is the Starchaser still in the works?

All those things are in works - currently I'm focusing on XR3 as I want to finish it ASAP. My dev queue is kinda cramped at the moment but XR7 and Starchaser also have high priority.

Donamy said:
Just alittle knit-pick. Would you consider ribbing the baydoors alittle, to give them some strength? JMHO

Cargo bay door are inch thick ATM but I'll probably end up adding bump map to it to make it appear ribbed.

Last edited:

Keatah

Reaction score
..still think the captain and first officer stations should be closer together. Affords for better CRM.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sorry but If I'd try to satisfy all demands for XR3 design it would be released along with real life XR3 Phoenix

Last edited: