Donator
Reaction score
Excalibur.jpg

This will also go in the demotivators thread... :lol:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I don't think there has been any progress on the MK II, he'd have told us if there was any ;)

Keatah

Reaction score
My favorite thing about the arrow is the beautiful panoramic view you get out of the windows. It's actually turned out to be my favorite place to be in orbiter. Nice relaxing ambiant sound and a beautiful view.

Try some genuine space music from jonn serrie! Some of the best stuff around for orbiter.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
XR beta testing is done privately, firstly, and secondly the project has not reached that level. Rest assured that there will be download links provided as soon as she is ready to fly, and not a moment before. Exercise patience.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
XR beta testing is done privately, firstly, and secondly the project has not reached that level. Rest assured that there will be download links provided as soon as she is ready to fly, and not a moment before. Exercise patience.

patience IS indeed a virtue.... and a growingly scarce resource these days.....

i'll be waiting for that as well :thumbup: XR2 rocks! :hail::cheers:

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Your patience will pay off eventually... one tuesday, in the near future you will be rolling out the mk2. Perhaps not this year at this point, but you've had a lot of new toys already this year, with the new orbiter, new engines and other fun stuff... gotta leave something for next year;)

Anyway, after a long time i did have an update to post in here, but since i quit the staff due to personal issues, and Tex put me back in the dev group, not only is my pm inbox at 400% full, my attachment space is similarly affected.:D

Perhaps if Dougs reading this he could put me back in the graphics group or something... where i have more space. Again i can't PM anyone, or reply to incoming PM's, so if you need to contact me, send me an email, or leave a message in my visitor message thing on my profile. So to anyone thats PM'd me, no i've probably not been ignoring you, and you'll get a reply as soon as this is resolved.

Just to let you guys know, real life and other concerns, mainly money, has really taken over in the last 12 months or so - i've had little time for Orbiter i can't remember the last time i actually sat and flew a mission. Certainly in the last 2 years i've spent far more time working on models for orbiter than with the application itself but my time for both has diminished greatly.

despite that, as i said above, I have some new XR2 stuff to show you... maybe i'll put it up on some photoupload thing...?

*edit* ok that wasn't too difficult, hope this doesn't wreck the forum table...
2yvqetc.jpg

ayvf3k.jpg

'wallpapering' the new extended interior, there's a lot more detail than in the old short cabin, far higher texel resolution through the use of tiled maps that should hold up even when you're sat right next to it. And there will be new furniture and whatever else i can cram in there. On the back wall there will be a proper, modelled door / hatch to the payload bay, which possibly might be usuable via a control panel or a switch in the cockpit... Although its not a big deal, it bothered me that the door was fake and non functional before. When complete. This should bring the XR2 up to the spec i intend to use in the 'heavy metal' series of larger ships and stations.

Last edited:

Messierhunter

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. Just a suggestion for Mk 2, it would be nice to have the option to fly with fewer or even no chairs, just empty cabin space like what we see here in this dev shots.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Yes it should have always been customisable in terms of cabin layout, but its easier said than done and was one of some features that didn't make it into the mk1. Perhaps if nothing else we'll leave the passenger bay furniture unlocked, and you can edit the seating arrangement in a 3d editor... It'd be nice somehow if the end user can fit it out to their own personal tastes.

Last edited:

Salun

Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL
Reaction score
If Im not mistaken that's the new XR5 or perhaps a newer XR series class vessel. Possibly to compete or replace the current cargo kings XR5 and Arrow Freighter class vessels.

Messierhunter

Reaction score
Yeah, I would imagine offering a setting even in the ini would require a bit of coding, but I'd even be happy if the download just included an alternative "bare" cabin model file the user could swap out with the default model by hand. I suppose leaving the model in an editable form would work too and open up unlimited options without any extra work.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
I don't think anyone has any intention of replacing the XR-5. This thread is the update to the XR2.

Thanks whoever updated my user status:thumbup:

Attachments

• mk2_passenger_compartment_03.jpg
    mk2_passenger_compartment_03.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 137

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
Yeah, I would imagine offering a setting even in the ini would require a bit of coding, but I'd even be happy if the download just included an alternative "bare" cabin model file the user could swap out with the default model by hand. I suppose leaving the model in an editable form would work too and open up unlimited options without any extra work.

yeah the only problem would be how do you tell the passengers where to sit? but you could remove them, then add static meshes of whoever you want.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Amazing shots Steve, love the work you've done there!

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
Oh god this is amazing. The new XR2 has officially surpassed any other addon in terms of "my life is complete the day it's released"; I look forward to that Tuesday, whenever it is!

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
here's some further refinement, new passenger seats! these ones even allow you to recline the seat back...!

Attachments

• mk2_passenger_compartment_06a.jpg
    mk2_passenger_compartment_06a.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 169

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
here's some further refinement, new passenger seats! these ones even allow you to recline the seat back...!

I Can see it now:
"Travel to LEO with all the comfort of a regular airline. Fly Altea Aerospace today."

Keatah

Reaction score
Maybe once we get the materials sciences advanced enough we'll have a real life xr2..

Afterall, the electronic and sensors we have today are more than up for the job. All that is needed are materials with which to build higher energy engines. That's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.