General Question XR2 Keyboard Mapping

bcirka

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm able to edit the keymap.cfg, but when I test a scenario with the XR2, it seems that there are some keys, unique to XR2 functions, that override my keymap.cfg edits.

Anywhere know if there is a file where you can remap keyboard commands specifically for the XR2?

Thank you!

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Look in your Orbiter_root\Config\ folder.
There you have, i.e., "XR2RavenstarPrefs.cfg" file where you can customize all your global XR2 ship preferences (but not override default Orbiter key mapping, I'm afraid).
As opposed to global preferences (for each XR ship), you can also do the same per single scenario.

It's all in the manual.

bcirka

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but I'm still a bit unclear.

Let's take an example--if I wanted to bind WASD to my RCS thrusters, and I update the default keymap.cfg by changing what the "D" key does, the XR2 manual states that D controls "Next MultiDisplayArea Mode" specifically for the XR2.

In either the XR2 ship preference file OR the scenario file, am I able to force it to NOT control "Next MultiDisplayArea Mode" and to ONLY control what I've indicated in the keymap.cfg file?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
As a heads-up, custom XR vessel shortcut keys are not configurable; see the "Custom Shortcut Keys" section starting on page 25 of the XR Flight Operations Manual for the full list.