OHM XR2 Carbon Fiber

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I really like the way this looks. Will definitely be adding it to my fleet. Nice work!

Reaction score
This only makes sense.

What is the XR2 supposedly made of in the first place? If its not CF already, it would be awesome to have a version that makes extensive use of it and has the weight to match, with this skin as the default texture. Something like this, but for a spacecraft.

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
The skin has zoomability. You can't see the detail in the illistration of the carbon fibre texture, but you can when you zoom into it once in the scenario.

Forget the inanimate carbon rod... hail the inanimate carbon XR2 :lol:

The Void

Workin hard on my next project
Reaction score
Excellent work on a project I had started. Nice to see someone improved upon my idea well done mate :cheers:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Carbon fiber has a high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion rate.

At supersonic speeds, the contact between air molecules and the aircraft skin produce a terrific amount of heat. I highly doubt that carbon fiber would survive a scramjet ascent.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
At supersonic speeds, the contact between air molecules and the aircraft skin produce a terrific amount of heat. I highly doubt that carbon fiber would survive a scramjet ascent.

I know for a fact that whatever resin you use to hold carbon fiber together will melt. Often the resin is also flammable.

toddhisattva

Reaction score
Okay, so it's carbon fiber reinforced silicon carbide, which Wackypedia abbreviates as C/SiC. :cheers: