General Question Opening outer door and inner door on XR2 Orbiter 2016

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Orbinauts,
Probably a silly question....I've just landed at Brighton Beach in the XR2 Ravenstar in Orbiter 2016....I understand that there is no EVA facility for Orbiter 2016 ...but I've tried to open both the inner door and outer door while landed at BB...I've opened the nose cone and inner door, but when I try to open the outer door, it tells me something about decompression danger, chamber nor pressurised...so I try outer first, then inner and same thing.....I assume you can't open both in Orbiter 2016 then? or am I doing it totally wrong....any help would be appreciated....

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Hi Orbinauts,
Probably a silly question....I've just landed at Brighton Beach in the XR2 Ravenstar in Orbiter 2016....I understand that there is no EVA facility for Orbiter 2016 ...but I've tried to open both the inner door and outer door while landed at BB...I've opened the nose cone and inner door, but when I try to open the outer door, it tells me something about decompression danger, chamber nor pressurised...so I try outer first, then inner and same thing.....I assume you can't open both in Orbiter 2016 then? or am I doing it totally wrong....any help would be appreciated....
To override the security of the airlocks what you have to do is press the "OVERRIDE INTERLOCK" buttons and this way you can force the decompression of the XR2 and XR5. Keep in mind that this will kill all the crew and the ship will no longer be able to be used again in the current simulation scenario.
Screenshot_20240421_151931.jpg

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah OK...I understand...so technically, it's not possible then without killing everybody...I'll leave it then...thank you for your explanation...

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The sequence to perform an EVA with regards to the airlocks would be:
  1. Ensure the APU is online (so that the doors are powered).
  2. Ensure both the inner and outer airlock doors are closed (this is the "normal" configuration).
  3. Depressurize the airlock (with the "Chamber" switch).
  4. Open the outer airlock door.
  5. EVA your astronaut(s) (this is not possible now since UMMU does not work with Orbiter 2016).
Of course, this is all moot until if and when we have oMMU to replace the now-dead UMMU so we can re-enable EVA support.

tl;dr: there is a reason there are two airlock doors. :)

EDIT: on a side note, for gameplay reasons, the XR vessels by design never actually required the above sequence in order to EVA / ingress your astronauts. However, the above sequence was always there in case pilots wanted to fully simulate EVA sequences.

Last edited:

Genesis

Chess Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanx dbeachy1...I appreciate your reply...I did have a feeling I was doing it correctly and thought the issue was to do with UMMU not being present in Orb 2016...but just wanted to double check...hopefully we might get to see UMMU in 2016...that would be a huge plus...I don't particularly want to go back to using 2010 as I feel we need to move on...but still a great sim...by the way, keep up the great work....thanx again..