Question Worth finishing?

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Found this file I started maybe a year and a half ago in my archived stuff...

Hornet3.jpg

It's extremly poly-heavy (22MB) and would likely only get bigger if I pursue it (too lazy/too impatient/not skilled enough to start all over).

It was intended for the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo recovery operations. Don't remember why I stopped working on it, but is it worth finishing?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow! Imagine launching a Delta Glider from this! You could probably program it to have a catapult on it!

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hmm, certainly looks like it could hit framerates, but I say it's worth a shot. The almighty Greg Burch has poly-heavy addons but that doesn't stop most of us from downloading them.

And RisingFury has a point, launching a DG from this would rock!

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As it stands, you couldn't launch anything from it. The aircraft on the deck are part of the mesh (though I suppose I could remove them). The point was to have a recovery carrier that looked more "alive" or at least a little busier than the defaults in the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo add-ons.

Wasn't really looking to get into programming anything on it. That's why I was asking if it was even worth finishing.

Unstung

Reaction score
Maybe you could get someone willing to create a plane for the carrier, although it looks very nice. It could be a scenery (?) add-on where you would add a carrier or two by Florida.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, since you've gone to the trouble to create Phantom and Crusader meshes along with a sweet carrier, you could see if Kev or someone wants to code some dlls for the jets and catapult. Just a thought.

Whatever you do with it, it's nice model work.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well, since you've gone to the trouble to create Phantom and Crusader meshes along with a sweet carrier, you could see if Kev or someone wants to code some dlls for the jets and catapult. Just a thought.

Whatever you do with it, it's nice model work.
Not even that, Look for Kev's F/A-18A on OH, it includes the source file ;)