Problem White Screen on Startup?

Mipada

Reaction score
:idea: I had the same problem

It came down to using an unsupported screen resolution size. In the Video page there is the choice of Full Screen and Window. The Full Screen has a dropdown of supported resolutions and the Window version doesn't. the Window setup should take anything with a fixed aspect ratio but it doesn't seem to.
I used a resolution from the Full Screen dropdown and it worked.

[edit]
I just reinstalled Orbiter (in another location to do some dev work) and found that I also had to choose a different '3D Device' from the drop down box at the top of the page. I ended up using 'Direct3D T&L HAL (NIVIDIA GeForce GT 720)'
Don't be afraid to try different settings.

Last edited:

Tchail

Reaction score
I found the problem!!!

The conflict is coming from a program called "Duet Display."

https://www.duetdisplay.com/

It's a program that lets you use your iPad as an external monitor.

But it looks like it has some unintended side-effects when it comes to Orbiter and MS Flight simulator.

Fortunately, it can be reversed by uninstalling the Windows app.

Fearless

Reaction score
That is interesting info.. Orbiter on my laptop only recognises the Intel graphics not the AMD Radeon graphics

Tchail

Reaction score
I contacted Support for Duet Display, and they said that their program is not compatible with hardware acceleration.

Here's the response I received:

That's a very common behavior of Apps using GPU acceleration, which is incompatible with Duet. However many of these Apps have a setting that allows you to turn off hardware acceleration, if you find this option, you should be able to run the App after all.

We certainly apologize for the inconvenience. This is definitely something we are currently addressing with our developers. The issue is directly related to the GPU performance since we've previously had several issues caused by powerful GPUs. I just want you to know that we totally understand the importance regarding the use of GPU acceleration. Which is why our developers are working around the clock in order to make Duet compatible hardware acceleration of many sorts. This task is quite strenuous, but our team is doing everything to make this work.

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for the implementation of a proper solution for this matter. For the time being, I'm afraid all we can do is ask for your patience on this matter until it is resolved. We truly apologize.

danwild6

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem but I don't have the duetdisplay app and I downloading and installing the directx runtime program didn't solve the problem

danwild6

Reaction score
Never mind I just had to choose my video card from the drop down menu but I do have a question on downloading the high resolution addons as I downloaded them but do I have to put them in the orbiter 2016 directory?

Aadi

Reaction score
I had the same problem but i was able to fix it. So basically there is no need to download anything extra, download orbiter, and then go to the video settings in the page when you open it. From there select 3d device and click one each type of graphics card you have and run orbiter.
I was running it on nvida gtx 1660ti and it did not work then I changed it to diretx 3d and radeon graphics card an then it was able to run the game.So just go through all of the graphics cards.
Hope this helps,