News Which orbiter release with which graphics client

ceauke

Reaction score
Hi guys

TLDR: See attachment for which versions of gfx client and orbiter you need.

Often when my interest in space flares up again and I have time, I go down the orbiter route again. Every time I need to figure out which version it is again that works for me.
This time round I made a diagram with how I understand all the versions out there and which graphics clients match with which orbiter programs.

Blue lines indicate compatibility, red lines shows things that dont work 'out of the box'. Grey is questionable. Missing lines=I don't know and you can tell me so I update it :)

If not useful to some others on the forum, I will at least use it next year when I start again from scratch :)

Attachments

• Untitled5.png
    Untitled5.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Typo: Orbiter verions, missing "s".

Full Orbiter 2014 is also D3D9 compatible.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Isnt Orbiter 2010 by default on DX7? Also OGLA "works", but is extremely difficult to use, as well as probably not working with a lot of add-ons. Artlav hasnt updated it in forever, and may not given that some of the big features are already coming to Orbiter 2014.

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think there is an error with D3D9 compatibility. Officially supported versions are 100830 (Orbiter 2010-P1) and the latest beta from SVN. There probably exists binary builds for other versions of Orbiter on CodePlex site but no new builds of the Client are made for those Orbiter versions.

ceauke

Reaction score
I think there is an error with D3D9 compatibility. Officially supported versions are 100830 (Orbiter 2010-P1) and the latest beta from SVN. There probably exists binary builds for other versions of Orbiter on CodePlex site but no new builds of the Client are made for those Orbiter versions.
hmm... I thought I'm running D3D9 on 111105 version.

What's the difference between the zip on:
http://d3d9client.codeplex.com/
vs
https://bitbucket.org/asmi/ovp/downloads

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Yes, I am sure there are builds for 111105 but they are probably over two years old.

I don't know. But the CodePlex site is the official site where the actual development work is going on and the latest build is available for download. I don't know how many copies are made else-where from the repository or how well they are updated.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Yes, you are right. The latest build R13 is also available for 111105.

ceauke

Reaction score
Yes, I am sure there are builds for 111105 but they are probably over two years old.

I don't know. But the CodePlex site is the official site where the actual development work is going on and the latest build is available for download. I don't know how many copies are made else-where from the repository or how well they are updated.
aah, I did it the wrong way around. I patched up my orbiter base, instead of sticking do the default 100830 and then just getting the latest D3D9 client.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Asmi's repository on Bitbucket is a clone of my general OVP repository here: http://bitbucket.org/face/ovp . He cloned it long ago and never really updated it again, so it only contains the old RC versions.

If you really want to get ZIPs from alternate places (for whatever reason that may be), consider getting them from my repository, because I closely follow Jarmo's work at Codeplex.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I'm very confused. I have the latest Orbiter 2014 140602. Which graphics client can I use and where do I download it? None of the ones I've found seem to work.

I want Orbiter running smoothly with Anti-aliasing and collidable planet meshes. That's my main goal.