What's next

tofitouf

son excellence
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I now need to leave the to go back to my secret lab. the galactic map is far from perfect and needs quick changes.

Here is a little list of what is in my tortured brain :

• First of all and easy to do : change the way buttons are set, add the "next page " button useful for info pages, thanks for nulentout for the excellent advice.
  • Centre on planet and align with a different item (my orbit for instance) :
    Important point because I use always half of the screen by centring on the main object. I need a more accurate way to centre object that depends on the auto-scale.
  • auto-hide and show menu + animation when disappear. (almost done but bugs should be corrected)
  • auto-scale with a optional period. Today when you chose a scale, it s set once. if the distance changes it isn't auto-updated.
  • show bases and pads : very important point and also last in my list because it will need new features in my object selection.
  • show orbit elements for other orbit than current vessel.
  • And last but not least add a target object (perhaps remove the look at feature and replace it with "target to"). This target will have a new pages with information relative to current vessel (distance....) the target will have a different colour to to be visible differently.
Next release should have :

• a new feature dealing with time (see the future).... exactly like TransX. not a big deal in fact. I'll add the availability to see your position at a future time and perhaps to see what should happen if I change my speed at this time. Doing that I will put my foot into TransX's and IMFD's garden. but a tiny little step :)
But Before, I need to correct bugs like :

• The autohide menu trouble when back to manual zoom and rotate.
  • A better way to get manuel rotate and zoom keys (continuous way to change it and not only when key is release)

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. It's an awesome addon.