What music are you listening to?

steph

Reaction score
Heard of them a few times before. A bit similar to Sabaton, I guess. I'm a bit burnt out on power metal after my teenage HammerFall years.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Heard of them a few times before. A bit similar to Sabaton, I guess. I'm a bit burnt out on power metal after my teenage HammerFall years.

I switch around a lot during the working week in my cars infotainment system. From symphonic metal like Epica, Nightwish or Within Temptation, over Power Metal (like Sabaton, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall) to more pagan metal (Equilibrium, Eluveitie) ... and some punk rock at times... especially something like that is pretty high on my correlator this year:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGfT-hB4pnQ"]Die Toten Hosen - Keine Macht für Niemand - Heidelberg (SWR 3 Radiokonzert) - YouTube[/ame]

Very true to the original though...

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm not into pop music but since edm started appearing on the radio I've been tuning in a little.

This song has been playing recently:

It sounds pretty vintage... Like 90s rnb. Single handedly nullified rnb in the last 10 years imo

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score

See, to me they sound more like Blind Guardian than Sabaton.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I've kinda had bass on the brain lately

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_Q7dV-LDQ&list=LL8Hs2WEQsPLb6OQFcng9NpA&index=36"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_Q7dV-LDQ&list=LL8Hs2WEQsPLb6OQFcng9NpA&index=36[/ame]

E

ex-orbinaut

That's a phenomenal guitar adaptation of this, as it traditionally should be played...

Watching the keys in this while she plays is mesmerizing. I grew up listening to this movement (by force at times, when I was under twelve, and did not want to appreciate it then). Marvelously familiar and equally mind blowing for me now. I cannot imagine the day will ever come when I could aspire to playing even a part of it - on either instrument. After months of practice after getting into the piano again, I can only just get simple Fur Elise to sound more or less right.

Hawaii Five Oh theme, on the other hand, well I have that off pat! :lol:

E

ex-orbinaut

"Blind Date" was such a high cringe factor show that I personally couldn't ever watch it, but a lot of people did seem to like it.

RIP Cilla Black.

Soheil_Esy

Fazanavard فضانورد
Reaction score
Found a link in a Japanese space fanboy website some weeks ago while searching info about Korean space launchers; "Stellar" (South Korean band, Years active: 2011–present), is not to be confused with Stellar (New Zealand band, Years active: 1994–2010). And the misleading band's name is not related to spaceflight.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sabaton headlining Wacken 2015 with all guns blazing:

I hope the sound will be better on the DVD release of the concert - but now I know who Jamie Sims is. :cool:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Many years ago, I wished for a show that had the stage presence of Sabaton and the Pyrotechnics of a Rammstein show. Dreams do come true apparently.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
King Crimson will always be beyond comprehension...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzI-ebBdP0s"]King Crimson-The Power to believe.Part 1 to 4. - YouTube[/ame]

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'll just drop this here.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Happy 58th birthday to Hans Zimmer:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Lyrics are rather...let me just not comment on that but I like rythm and melody a lot here: