What music are you listening to?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Pretty sad, that one of the most decorated units in the Soviet Airforce is also one of the most forgotten today.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
SABATON - Night Witches (OFFICIAL LYRIC VIDEO) - YouTube

Pretty sad, that one of the most decorated units in the Soviet Airforce is also one of the most forgotten today.

The entire album (Heroes) is filled with stories similar to that, with the two notable exceptions being Audie Murphy and Karel Janoušek (Czech members might have to chime in on how well known he is, though)

Night Witches - 588th Night Bomber Regiment

No Bullets Fly - Franz Stigler / Charlie Brown incident (Yes, his name *was* Charlie Brown)

Smoking Snakes - The exploits of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force in Italy during WW2

Inmate 4859 - Witold Pilecki's efforts to create a resistance movement within Auschwitz, then later being executed by the Polish Govt. after the war for collusion with the 'enemy' (He had contact with British Intelligence, see Witold's Report)

To Hell and Back - Audie Murphy and his struggle with rudimentary PTSD treatments

The Ballad of Bull - Australian Leslie 'Bull' Allen's efforts to rescue 12 wounded Americans while under fire from the Japanese during the island hopping campaign

Resist and Bite - The story of the Chasseurs Ardennais holding back the German advance into Belgium with just 40 men (A bit similar to Raginis & Co. during the Battle of Wizna)

Soldier Of 3 Armies - Lauri Torni (Larry Thorne), fought for the Finnish Army, then the SS, then the US Army, where he attained the rank of Major while serving with the Green Berets in Vietnam, where he was killed in 1965.

Far From The Fame - The story of Karel Janoušek and his later imprisonment by the Czech govt. after the war, similar to Witold Pilecki.

Hearts of Iron - Story of Walter Wenck and the German 12th Army's efforts to create an evacuation corridor from Berlin to the Elbe river, in order to escape the Red Army's advance into Berlin.

Sneaky Edit Here: The spotify link to the album version which includes two sets from the Sabaton Cruise: https://open.spotify.com/album/0QMjiG4KAsjlwhvES6vTA5

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Hearts of Iron - Story of Walter Wenck and the German 12th Army's efforts to create an evacuation corridor from Berlin to the Elbe river, in order to escape the Red Army's advance into Berlin.

Actually more interesting there - one of the soldiers in the 12th Army during the cauldron of Halbe campaign was the later German foreign minister Hans-Dietrich Genscher.

His version of the arrival of the remains of the 9th army are far less glorious though. The first soldiers to arrive had been staff officers with SMGs slung over.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
After 15 years of having this song in my playlists and listenineg to it I realized Blood Broothers by Iron Maiden is a waltz.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What am I listening to? I got to see my favorite band tonight, and to my amazement I saw them perform older songs I thought Geddy Lee was no longer able to sing, including this awesome tune, and he did just fine:

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Man, that song is all over the map structurally :lol:

70s heavy prog rock, Canadian style.

It's amazing how much we learn from our favorite pop culture icons. When I was in high school all my music nerd friends somehow knew all about the legend of the lost Xanadu and were name-dropping Kublai Khan. :lol:

Then of course, we learned of Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner by listening to Iron Maiden, and Lord of the Rings by listening to Led Zeppelin, and about the Fibonacci spiral by listening to Tool...

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
and about the Fibonacci spiral by listening to Tool...

If this is Lateralus you're talking about, we covered that once. I was too preoccupied by the actual maths involved in the drum parts to notice any mathematical allusions in the lyrics, though... :lol:

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
If this is Lateralus you're talking about, we covered that once. I was too preoccupied by the actual maths involved in the drum parts to notice any mathematical allusions in the lyrics, though... :lol:

Yeah, that song has all sorts of coded messages threaded through it. The lyrics, time signatures, and the number of words in each line of the lyrics...it's amazing they were able to do all of that and make it a listenable song at the same time. An awesome song, too.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
this guy is called polish jean michelle jarre

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ornette Coleman passed away yesterday at 85. He was a pioneer saxophonist who took jazz quite a bit farther "out there".

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fell in love with this:

It's been a while since Arty has made anything this perfect. Go Arty !

And, British producer ilan Bluestone proves he's unstoppable; with this very retro-ish style song: